Soup And Broth Mixes - The Co-Op V Tesco

Mistake was going to a supermarket for broth.

You needed to go to a proper brothel, obviously.

Stu, can you tell the people at Manx Radio to try to reach some kind of sound volume equilibrium? Every time they switch from an advert to music or to live talking the volume seems to jump to a different level --- it's really quite irritating.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4381 posts in 10 months. I think you're confusing "posting on an internet forum" with "regular exercise"

Well I wasn't sure if you we're happy or sad or what? Anyway, you seen Dirty Dancing or Footloose?!

I think we've already mentioned the Blues BROTHers.

Stu, can you tell the people at Manx Radio to try to reach some kind of sound volume equilibrium? Every time they switch from an advert to music or to live talking the volume seems to jump to a different level --- it's really quite irritating.

I suspect that's deliberate - adverts are louder so you hear them when you've got a radio on as background music. I'm sure Stu will correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to happen on TV too (not that you'd know that TJ since you don't watch it smile.png )

I suspect that's deliberate - adverts are louder so you hear them when you've got a radio on as background music. I'm sure Stu will correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to happen on TV too (not that you'd know that TJ since you don't watch it smile.png )

I occasionally switch it on for a few minutes to keep up with the current degradation of our culture and you are quite right. But it doesn't work on me --- loud adverts put me off and make me change channel or switch the damn thing off. Manx Radio has far too many adverts.

I would guess that there's more actual broth ingredients (bones and veg) in the Co-Op one. How do the ingredient lists compare?

Tesco:

Pearl Barley (55%), Yellow Split Peas, Green Split Peas, Marrowfat Peas, Red Split Lentils

Co-operative:

Pearl Barley (30%), Yellow Split Peas (20%), Green Split Peas (18%), Marrowfat Peas (14%), Red Split Lentils (8%), Aduki Beans (6%), Barley Flakes (4%)

None of those are high in carbohydrate, so where the Co-op get their 59.5g per 100g I do not know

I would guess that there's more actual broth ingredients (bones and veg) in the Co-Op one. How do the ingredient lists compare?

Tesco:

Pearl Barley (55%), Yellow Split Peas, Green Split Peas, Marrowfat Peas, Red Split Lentils

Co-operative:

Pearl Barley (30%), Yellow Split Peas (20%), Green Split Peas (18%), Marrowfat Peas (14%), Red Split Lentils (8%), Aduki Beans (6%), Barley Flakes (4%)

None of those are high in carbohydrate, so where the Co-op get their 59.5g per 100g I do not know

In my 500g pack of Holland & Barrett pearl barley, there are 61g of carbohydrate in every 100g.

Only way someone like TJ could get a woman to talk to him, let alone get a shag

Only a total jerk would speak in terms of "getting" a woman --- they're not objects or commodities which one acquires or owns. With those words you have not only implied a level of ownership over women but you have also reduced their worth to the extent to which one can have intercourse with them. And what sort of woman would have any interest in someone who puts others down? Not a woman I'd want anything to do with.