Premiership 2013/14

I'm afraid Liverpool's best chance of winning the league has been and gone. They need at least 4 defenders to become a genuine title threat and bedding them in all at once isn't going to be easy. My money is that they won't make top 4 next year. Bookmark this post.

• Like 2
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The debt is down to the way it was purchased by the Glazers, not buying players. Before that purchase they were debt free.

Isn't it only you who keeps saying that? I've not seen or heard a single Liverpool fan claim it's their year. There's an outside chance for sure, but I think they're all just happy to be in the top fo

Posted Images

I'm afraid Liverpool's best chance of winning the league has been and gone. They need at least 4 defenders to become a genuine title threat and bedding them in all at once isn't going to be easy. My money is that they won't make top 4 next year. Bookmark this post.

I'll take that bet. £20 says they will make the top 4 next season.

• Like 1

I'm afraid Liverpool's best chance of winning the league has been and gone. They need at least 4 defenders to become a genuine title threat and bedding them in all at once isn't going to be easy.

+1.

European travels won't give them the breathing space required for Premiership success. Defence isn't up to spec. as is, and Brendan doesn't have the necessary football savvy to compete in Europe. Comprehensively outwitted by Mourinho at Anfield and that shockingly leaky defence at Palace...in a nutshell he lost them the Premiership right there. A tiring Gerrard won't be able to play every week; he needs to be replaced for fringe games and Allen isn't the one to do it.

Chelsea as a very strong bet for the Premiership? 1st year of Mourinho's second term and had to run with many players outside his purchase. Immense European experience, and like him or loathe him he knows tactics (and The Press) like the back of his hand. Sufficient resources are believed to be available.

City for 2nd, Pellegrini soaked up as much pressure as the Premiership could throw at him this year. Nothing in it between Chelsea and City.

Depending where Suarez ends up and who's going to manage at Man U, either of the two for third/fourth.

Arsenal making heavy weather with Hull at present, so more of the same for them. Wenger has been a fabulous servant, but has maybe taken them as far as he can without enhanced support from the Board. Plenty of money and support (60k every week at The Emirates), but just too mean to spend it.

The Blues may struggle on account of a % of the Team returning to their respective clubs. I see Martinez having great success as a manager, sadly not long term with Everton. His loan signings have been exceptional and he needs to repeat this once again just to standstill. Too small a squad for Europe.

Spurs struggle internally...too many cooks spoiling the broth. Reasonable defence but just can't score.

Arsenal, Everton and Spurs to sort the remaining places between them.

TBT.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Bump

• Like 1

Bump

The Reds are missing the Suarez/Sturridge goals. And Balotelli's agent is on high alert for another payday in January as Napoli are rumoured to be the next to require his services.

I wonder if the "Gerrard to City" story has been drafted by his agent to up the ante.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9546122/premier-league-manchester-city-keep-tabs-on-liverpool-skipper-steven-gerrard

More dollar and perhaps a 2 year deal instead of an annual 'roller'.

He's been a good servant nevertheless; and with The Reds bringing LLKKD back into the fold post humiliating sacking, Gerrard's a 'shoe in' for some ambassadorial role during retirement.

TBT.

Perhaps you should just think about your own team, rather than obsessing about liverpool

City improved my weekend

Don't worry, if anyone can break him, it's Moyes

Manchester United are odds on to lose at Chelsea next, though Moyes could possibly grind out a goalless draw (William Hill still think that unlikely).

The five point gap isn't the issue. Without Van Persie (who will want to play in the World Cup) and Rooney, United are genuinely shit. Moyes is also just no fun to play for. So shit, and dull. Can't see many people finding that appealing, especially with no Champions League football

Moyers wouldn't win anything if you gave him a trillion pounds

It's fine, they will continue to suck ass for some time yet, Mata or no Mata, as their manager is David Moyes

Hodgson deserved to go. His win rate was worse than Souness's, he bought Paul Konchesky, he lost against Northampton Town (describing them as formidable opposition when they were in the fourth division), and most importantly, said that Torres might go to Manchester United.

We've got the real deal with Brendan Rodgers, I think, and I rather think Everton have too with Martinez. My big hope is that Moyes sees out his full six years with Manchester United.

• Like 2