Memories Of Port Soderick

manxy

I too have many happy memories of Port Soderick and I loved the paddling pool when I was small, I'm the smallest one in these pics at Port Soderick, sadly I'm the only one left.

In my postcard/photo collection of old IOM views I've got over 200 just of Port Soderick, I really am turning into an anorak.

post-681-0-31017500-1377622219_thumb.jpg

post-681-0-98382200-1377622233_thumb.jpg

post-681-0-68963300-1377622254_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for the photos, some fantastic snaps there that I haven't seen before.

Is the paddling pool still there, last time I had the mutt in that neck of the woods it looked like it had just been filled in with stones from the beach?

Does anyone know how far did the old coastal walkway used to go round. I have followed it from marine Drive but can never work out how far it went.

I also see the train station is on the market again, terrific building and if the train times were right it would make a great seasonal caf. Even with the beach an absolute mess it would be worth a trip for a scoot through the glen and a cup of coffee.

It needs private investment like some oil sheik who has a few million to restore the place in a traditionally themed way.

I'll add it to the list for when I win the Euromillions. Would you like the Marine Drive Tramway and the cliff railway put back in as well?

It needs private investment like some oil sheik who has a few million to restore the place in a traditionally themed way.

I'll add it to the list for when I win the Euromillions. Would you like the Marine Drive Tramway and the cliff railway put back in as well?

Now you're being silly.

Just run a new line from St Johns when you have reinstalled the Nation Rail Interchange .... you are reinstating it aren't you? And then people can transfer to the Southern Line at the same time. And with the Northern line back in place, we can have a Tube type map of the island. How much are you planning on winning?