Former Ramsey Post Office Site Set For Transformation

3fm News

The Post Office was once owned by the Isle of Man Government but was sold to the then Chief Minister 'Corky' Corkill's brother-in-law, 'Daz' Dalrymple although the person responsible for the 'secret' deal on behalf of Government was John 'Shimbo' Shimmin, the then Minister for Department of Local Government and the Environment.

There was quite a bit of a fuss kicked up about it at the time, once details of the deal leaked out. But we've drawn a line under it now. And moved on. And learnt lessons and stuff.

Edited by RonnieD

3fm News

The Post Office was once owned by the Isle of Man Government but was sold to the then Chief Minister 'Corky' Corkill's brother-in-law, 'Daz' Dalrymple although the person responsible for the 'secret' deal on behalf of Government was John 'Shimbo' Shimmin, the then Minister for Department of Local Government and the Environment.

There was quite a bit of a fuss kicked up about it at the time, once details of the deal leaked out. But we've drawn a line under it now. And moved on. And learnt lessons and stuff.

This wouldn't have anything to do with the Provincial Grand Master and Grand Superintendent for the Isle of Man would it?

http://www.freemasonrytoday.com/news/provinces-districts-a-groups/item/177-isle-of-man%E2%80%99s-new-leader

3fm News

Apparently it took a very long time to develop as it needed so much masonary work doing!

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

If this is correct, then it's this sort of dealings that shame the island.

They can lock people up for not paying a fine and so forth in the little league, but when large scale corruption is allegedly involved, there seems a determination from certain parts of the Government to turn a blind eye and virtually admitting that it's one of our own, best not take this any further in case it embarrasses us!!

Well from my viewpoint, sack the whole bloody lot of them!!!!!

Now I know why people want the freedom Of Information Act because it's dealings like this which is disgraceful and harmful to the island and for so called MHK's to idly watch as if it's got nothing to do with them, then this is equally as bad.

How many deals have been done in secret beggars belief.

ps; If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I apologize due to not having the information at hand, but if I'm right... twats!

The old Post Office in Ramsey could be transformed into a new restaurant if a planning application is passed.

Thyme and Plaice Limited has submitted plans to turn the ground floor of the building on Court Row into an ‘up-market’ fine dining restaurant.
It’s proposed the eatery – which would cater for up to 42 people –w ould open between Wednesday and Saturday serving lunch and dinner.

Fine dining in Ramsey is a ceramic plate and metal cutlery. A different night out from a polystyrene container and plastic fork sat outside the police station.

If this is correct, then it's this sort of dealings that shame the island.

They can lock people up for not paying a fine and so forth in the little league, but when large scale corruption is allegedly involved, there seems a determination from certain parts of the Government to turn a blind eye and virtually admitting that it's one of our own, best not take this any further in case it embarrasses us!!

Well from my viewpoint, sack the whole bloody lot of them!!!!!

Now I know why people want the freedom Of Information Act because it's dealings like this which is disgraceful and harmful to the island and for so called MHK's to idly watch as if it's got nothing to do with them, then this is equally as bad.

How many deals have been done in secret beggars belief.

ps; If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I apologize due to not having the information at hand, but if I'm right... twats!

How long were the Post Office in the expensively renovated building?

I would wager, nowhere near long enough to cover the cost of both the purchase price and renovations.

What conclusion could we draw from that?

No shame on the island if you look at it logically and nothing like what you hear spouted the pubs..............................

Ramsey Post Office was seen as a bit of a scandal. It was eventually a subject of the Public Accounts Committee.

It was nicely tidied/covered up and there were recommendations regarding conflicts of interest and stuff like that. In relation to dodgy type goings on, in Tynwald it is not unknown for the matter of Ramsey Post Office to have been quoted in the same sentence as the Mount Murray affair.

Edited by RonnieD