In Xanadu The Kubla Khan Did A Mightly Pleasure Dome Decree ..

WTF:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/parish-unveils-plan-for-a-gym-and-a-new-hq-1-6033753

The NSC is a mile and a half away, and there's a coffee shop and food place at the hospital. So really, for several million pounds why the hell do Braddan Commissioners want to build this? It seems another self congratulatory vanity project paid for by other people.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Colin Whiteway, clerk to Braddan Commissioners, explained: ‘It’s at a very early stage yet, we’re just currently preparing a business case to put forward to Treasury.'   If it's that 'early' then M

This should not just not happen it should not even be discussed, it is that mental.   Please all you Civil Service bods, if you want to run a business, do it with your own money, not ours...........

They could call it Buster Lewin House, will he be out for the opening

They should partner with Odeon and build a cinema.

There seems to be the demand.

Its just mental if they are planning to dump £5m onto the ratepayers, most of whom could drive to the NSC in 5 minutes to use the gym, and it will take trade away from the hospital cafe that's 2 minutes away that's already paying rent to IOMG.

I'd love to see the "business plan" ..

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Its just mental if they are planning to dump £5m onto the ratepayers, most of whom could drive to the NSC in 5 minutes to use the gym, and it will take trade away from the hospital cafe that's 2 minutes away that's already paying rent to IOMG.

It does sound a bit mental, in these supposedly austere times.

The cafe at the hospital, as far as i know, is now 'in-house', so no-ones paying rent, nor would there be any real competition should another be bulit within this complex. The hospital cafe is convenient for those attending and how many people actually go to the hospital just to visit the cafe? Not many, i suspect.

WTF:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/parish-unveils-plan-for-a-gym-and-a-new-hq-1-6033753

The NSC is a mile and a half away, and there's a coffee shop and food place at the hospital. So really, for several million pounds why the hell do Braddan Commissioners want to build this? It seems another self congratulatory vanity project paid for by other people.

I am at a total loss for words.

wtf-18374.jpg

• Like 1

436588817.jpg

I'm not in favour of this although they did say ‘The plan is to build facilities that will finance themselves, rather than be a drain on the ratepayer,’

‘We also had an external survey company, Home Strategic conduct a survey online and face to face with people and all the feedback has been very positive,’

Personally, I'm not going to knock Home Strategic as I've heard a few decent comments about them (I do not have any connection to this company), although this is the first I've heard about the survey.

​All in all, I think it would be like a noose around the NSC, unless that's the intention of those playing IOM Monopoly!

Not keen on this idea, not keen on this at all

Edited by manxy