Dates

Mr. Sausages

How about some Manx dates? http://www.manxinspirations.com/IsleofManCalendars

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Seriously .. saw some in M&S today .. Shoprite usually has them in too and I suspect Tesco would have too.

If you're after a whole bunch, I would go online: http://www.yaffa.co.uk/category_s/48.htm

Edited by Owen

All they had in Tesco yesterday were small packets of dried stuff in the "cooking ingredients" section, but I'd prefer fresh ones if possible. Wasn't much fruit on the shelves at all. I'll try shoprite tonight, but it looks like online might be best for my purposes. Thanks for the link.

I'm spending a fortune on fruit at the moment and doing some truly magnificent farts.

Why don't you build a greenhouse, import some seeds, plant them, nurture them, and a few years later you could have your own date palm tree that may or may not yield fruit? thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Why don't you build a greenhouse, import some seeds, plant them, nurture them, and a few years later you could have your own date palm tree that may or may not yield fruit? thumbsup.gif

You may have more luck with figs, we had a moderate harvest this year ,on a south facing wall in an exposed position.biggrin.png