Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
thebees

Filth

I cannot wait to hide behind my hands being totally disgusted by this film, I have checked the local cinema listings and it would appear that there is not going to be a cinema show :( Anyone know of any clubs or things like that screen popular but not as popular as one direction movies?

Yes, it is indeed. I'm quite a big fan of Mr Welsh and his books/films. They're horrific but in an interesting way, it took me 3 attempts to read Filth because of the 'worm talk', I 'knew' all along but I still had to read it to the end. It's released in the UK/Scotland tomorrow, I just thought there might be some quirky film club over here that is showing it.

I'm reading his "If you liked school..." at the mo, I'm not so keen on it, bit Americanised I had to look up half the drugs they mention on the internet.

As far as I know, the worm stuff isn't in the film at all, but there are also added lunatic hallucination scenes to 'make up for it'. Looking forward to this.