Farmers Benevolent

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's great news. I never tire of hearing about ordinary people's money being redistributed to millionaire landowners

Not all farmers own the land they farm and not all farmers are rich. Be nice.

I knew a farmer who once nominated his scarecrow for the Nobel Prize because he was outstanding in his field.

The benevolent trust was there to support those in real need. Not the big landowners getting 100k from government per year.

Luckily the meat plant is also paying a lot more for stock now as well so farmers are getting the same amount as they would of they were farming in England.

It was tough times for farmers this year, but it looks like they are really getting helped now.

The meat plant is owned and operated by a farmers combine I think, so it seems they are paying themselves a higher rate for their own stock, nice work if you can get it! [ any public purse subsidies in there do you think?]

The benevolent trust was there to support those in real need. Not the big landowners getting 100k from government per year.

Luckily the meat plant is also paying a lot more for stock now as well so farmers are getting the same amount as they would of they were farming in England.

It was tough times for farmers this year, but it looks like they are really getting helped now.

The meat plant is owned and operated by a farmers combine I think, so it seems they are paying themselves a higher rate for their own stock, nice work if you can get it! [ any public purse subsidies in there do you think?]

You are right about the co operative. But they are only paying themselves what is right, and it's only right if the government need to give the meat plant more money to pay the farmers what is owed to them. As I said, they've had it tough so it's time they had a break.

You are right about the co operative. But they are only paying themselves what is right, and it's only right if the government need to give the meat plant more money to pay the farmers what is owed to them. As I said, they've had it tough so it's time they had a break.

Surely the money owed to the farmers is from themselves as a co operative, why plunder the public purse? its easy money but we are skint and turning farmers into charity cases is not on, they are in business, if they cant make money then they go the way of Tourism and fishing.

For me, cease all farm subsidies, we are not and never will be self sufficient for food on the Island, this excuse is dragged up to justify the shocking amounts of public money poured into farmers pockets for so many years, we cant afford them and the Sefton.

Surely the money owed to the farmers is from themselves as a co operative, why plunder the public purse? its easy money but we are skint and turning farmers into charity cases is not on, they are in business, if they cant make money then they go the way of Tourism and fishing.

For me, cease all farm subsidies, we are not and never will be self sufficient for food on the Island, this excuse is dragged up to justify the shocking amounts of public money poured into farmers pockets for so many years, we cant afford them and the Sefton.

Farming and maintaining the island doesn't make much money but maintains the place we know and love. The cooperative doesn't make any money so it is up to the government to support it and the hundreds of businesses sustained by producing livestock on the island.

Farming and maintaining the island doesn't make much money but maintains the place we know and love. The cooperative doesn't make any money so it is up to the government to support it and the hundreds of businesses sustained by producing livestock on the island.
No it isn't, they are businesses not charities, its nothing at all to do with the place we love that's mawkish bullshit, it is not the Govts place to spend our money on enterprises that are unviable, farmers with begging bowls beggers belief, sink or swim like the rest of the business world. As with the Sefton [chaired by another poor farmer] make money or fail.

Yeah, I saw all the facebook posts about "oh, save the farmers" but ye can feck off if you think I'm giving more of my money to them (I already buy enough in shoprite!)

You can't blame them for expecting the cash though. Government made it clear that they would fund manx farmers so that they are able to earn as much money as uk farmers. There should be no disadvantage for farmers working manx land.

Why should they earn less than their uk counter parts?

This is the same argument as the one for civil service pay

We are a small island - does the Scottish government subsidise all their islanders?

Should our government subsidise all of us? Why just farmers & civil servants?

But if we fund [ie gift] farmers money because they should earn the same as UK farmers then surely they arnt earning it at all, they are getting money from the taxpayers pocket free. Time it stopped, time that farmers lived in the real commercial world we all live in, Earn your money, don't live on handouts like benefit scroungers.

Did we fund hoteliers when their markets disappeared ?, did we fund fishermen when their boats failed ?

• Like 2

You can't blame them for expecting the cash though. Government made it clear that they would fund manx farmers so that they are able to earn as much money as uk farmers. There should be no disadvantage for farmers working manx land.

Why should they earn less than their uk counter parts?

the iom hobby farmers earn more than the uk farmers per acre