Please Sign This Petition Against Puppy Dealing

Sarah

I get lots of stuff such as this on FB. The thing that really bothers me is that there are nebulous accusations of something terrible about someone - no specifics, no exact (but made anonymous) details as to what is being done, how these puppies are being mistreated, what are the medical issues and no reports from anyone who has had first hand experience.

If there is real hard evidence, the first port of call is the MSPCA so they can intervene and stop the abhorrent trade, quickly followed by letters to MHKs and other persons of influence.

I am sure it is all well-meaning and the people are genuinely concerned, but this kind of publicity appears half-baked, chaotic and slightly bonkers and doesn't serve the cause particularly well.

It's simple really. Just ignore all the shite on Facebook. Of course, you can cut out the middle man and ignore Facebook altogether. You wouldn't really miss much. All of those needies updating their status..............

Although I am on FB, I don't use it. I understand its use for keeping in touch with friends and family far away and do get the commercial use. But it isn't for me. I am tempted to delete my profile but I like to see my daughter's pics of her baby even though they are living with me!

My posts above are my opinion of this campaign; I have no power to prevent or compel any action but I can voice my opinion which is intended to be helpful although not welcomed by those who are consumed with passion for their cause. I just think the way they are going about it is chaotic and will achieve very little.

Didn't everyone else like the sound of my articulate typing there?

I used to get invites from my mother to play farmville so I deleted her from my friends list. smile.png

No doubt she thought you were a huge bore?

No doubt she didn't even know the invites were being sent out. Thankfully she doesn't go on the computer much now.

Unfortunately, not a family trait

I get lots of stuff such as this on FB. The thing that really bothers me is that there are nebulous accusations of something terrible about someone - no specifics, no exact (but made anonymous) details as to what is being done, how these puppies are being mistreated, what are the medical issues and no reports from anyone who has had first hand experience.

If there is real hard evidence, the first port of call is the MSPCA so they can intervene and stop the abhorrent trade, quickly followed by letters to MHKs and other persons of influence.

I am sure it is all well-meaning and the people are genuinely concerned, but this kind of publicity appears half-baked, chaotic and slightly bonkers and doesn't serve the cause particularly well.

Half baked and chaotic? At least someone is doing something about this awful situation. I know the know the girl whose puppy has died. She says she has received nothing but kindness & support from these people, bonkers or not. You're correct Gladys, it is the job of the MSPCA but they have not done it!!!

Half baked and chaotic? At least someone is doing something about this awful situation. I know the know the girl whose puppy has died. She says she has received nothing but kindness & support from these people, bonkers or not. You're correct Gladys, it is the job of the MSPCA but they have not done it!!!

What awful situation? So what if a puppy has died? All animals die. What are the MSPCA not doing that they should be doing? in what way is the current legislation inadequate?

I'm not saying nothing should be done, but that there is legislation and the MSPCA should be supporting it. Chaotic? Yes, multiple threads on here, no real information about the problem and no definitive desired outcome.

That is not a news story Sarah. Its lazy journalism. The story they're reporting on is your campaign which no doubt they've picked up on facebook. I'd like to hear some facts and all I've heard so far so someone has bought a dog which died.

We farm many animals here, most of them are slaughtered at a young age so we can eat them. Some don't make it to the table due to disease or neglect. The only difference here is that the poor ickle doggies are "allegedly" being farmed to be sold as pets, where they'll lead pampered lives. Would it be OK if we were eating them?