The Future Of Core Air Links To The Island

madmanxpilot

IOM base to close. Official.

Though that doesn't necessarily mean they won't fly to and from here does it?

No but it means the pilots and hostie's who live here will have to move though. More jobs lost.

No transfers for staff I hear.

Ouch!

Bell, Cretney and Reynolds have released a press release saying that this is tremendous new for the IoM as it will enable visitors and business travelers to get to the Island much earlier in the morning rather than having to rely on waiting for a return flight that originated in the IoM. They also welcome the opportunity that this brings to enable them to attract a multinational airline to the Island that will offer an increased range of destinations by jet. In the past such airlines it was difficult to attract such airlines due to the ground slots being used by Flybe.

Basically tebles all round (hic)

Edited by Lost Login

Now is the time we could do with spending some cash on a senior level, experienced, aviation consultant (yes I advocate government spend) to come in and sort this whole airport mess out. As the thought of Reynolds and Cretin sat in a room looking worried at a blank sheet of paper fills me with fear.

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 2

Now is the time we could do with spending some cash on a senior level, experienced, aviation consultant (yes I advocate government spend) to come in and sort this whole airport mess out. As the thought of Reynolds and Cretin sat in a room looking worried at a blank sheet of paper fills me with fear.

And don't need to go off Island, Mr Liddiard at 38 seconds in talks sense..http://www.mytv.im/chapter.asp?Chpt=228&Ln=N

• Like 1

Nightmare. If this pans-out as described above, then that's at least 8 of my mates without a job. Their fallback plan was to commute from the Island to their new bases in the UK when they're due to work - but it seems like that's not an option if there are no transfers. So, presumably they'll need to up-sticks with their family's - kids changing schools and so on.

What a depressing start to the weekend! ermm.gif

Micky

Nightmare. If this pans-out as described above, then that's at least 8 of my mates without a job. Their fallback plan was to commute from the Island to their new bases in the UK when they're due to work - but it seems like that's not an option if there are no transfers. So, presumably they'll need to up-sticks with their family's - kids changing schools and so on.

Micky

Let's hope our A Team are already in discussions with another operator to come in and fill the void, also re-employ the 50-odd people (plus families) no longer paying tax and contributing to the island economy.

And don't need to go off Island, Mr Liddiard at 38 seconds in talks sense..http://www.mytv.im/chapter.asp?Chpt=228&Ln=N

He should know....

Always was going to end in tears when they have shown no commercial sense at all since 2006 just the usual keep spending boys all will be fine. I have posted for some time we need a commercial manager with some idea of what they are doing !

• Like 1

Lxxx, on 15 Nov 2013 - 15:18, said:

MickyBlue, on 15 Nov 2013 - 15:13, said:

Micky

Let's hope our A Team are already in discussions with another operator to come in and fill the void, also re-employ the 50-odd people (plus families) no longer paying tax and contributing to the island economy.

I think that is rather a pipe dream. There are very few players out there in the UK regional aviation market.