The Future Of Core Air Links To The Island

madmanxpilot

I find it incredible that people as stupid as manxie44 still exist. All this talk of "We survived before you lot came" and "we" paid for the airport. I'm fucking Manx as the hills and I'm well aware of what was here before the finance sector came. Believe me it was fucking grim, and I wouldnt welcome going back to anywhere near that. What a tosser.

Most of the people in the finance sector aren't making big bucks, many are working in banks, CSPs, and insurance companies for average wages. But if they, or their sales people, bosses, or directors lose the ability to connect the viability of their employers will soon be reviewed. Can we survive with mass unemployment, plummeting house prices, and rising welfare costs when "that lot" find out their jobs are up shit creek because nobody can fly here. What an ignorant parochial arsehole - looking forward to going back to the dark ages because they're jealous some people might have something they haven't.

As for the £60m spent on the airport, you'll find it was paid for out of inflated VAT reciepts generated by an over inflated finance based economy. Not the buttons paid by losers like you in tax on next to fuck all.

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 10

Praise the lord. Or whoever. We got there in the end

http://www.isleofman.com/News/details/60134/ba-to-increase-lcy-flights-from-march-2014

This is a good result for business (and others) and, as a previous critic, I would like to record my thanks to everyone involved,

I agree but would love to know what has gone on behind the scenes because they aint done this out of the goodness of their hearts ! Whatever has been done should be applauded at least we have done something !

Seems a bit feast or famine, I would have thought two would have been good at least the red eye and late return and another but 3 seems once again to spread the load thinly !

Yes I know I'm never happy but maybe the third could have provided some support elsewhere ?

Got to love these people like Domino who love to slag off the very business community which have contributed in the main to the affluent way of life, brought the island into the 21st century and made it a nice place to live over the past 20 years.

Where was the tax revenue going to come from when the advent of cheap package holidays to the Med meant the island was at risk of having little or no local economy apart from the much-derided spuds n herrings?

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 1

Aye. But you see, there are still some of them that didn't WANT to be dragged into the 21st century. They use an argument that is some ways akin to the natives in the colonies who didn't subscribe to "our" idea of civilisation, but had it forced down their throats nonetheless. I think those who look at the Island of the past through rose tinted glasses hanker for the simple life, but don't have a clue how they would cope with that financially, or else they are too feeble minded to think it matters. In the past there was always something. If it wasn't smuggling, it was mass tourism and even then the Island wasn't what you would call affluent. What would there be now after the FS? Watch the GDP per head against the UK drop from over 100% to something like 40% in pretty short order. If you are happy with that and understand the implications, all well and good, but it will threaten what independence the Island has.

• Like 1

Aye. But you see, there are still some of them that didn't WANT to be dragged into the 21st century. They use an argument that is some ways akin to the natives in the colonies who didn't subscribe to "our" idea of civilisation, but had it forced down their throats nonetheless. I think those who look at the Island of the past through rose tinted glasses hanker for the simple life, but don't have a clue how they would cope with that financially, or else they are too feeble minded to think it matters. In the past there was always something. If it wasn't smuggling, it was mass tourism and even then the Island wasn't what you would call affluent. What would there be now after the FS? Watch the GDP per head against the UK drop from over 100% to something like 40% in pretty short order. If you are happy with that and understand the implications, all well and good, but it will threaten what independence the Island has.

Just wait for the moaning to start when they have to pay to visit their GP or dentist.

BA back on the City route - as predicted!

The reduction over the winter timetable was, I'm going to guess, a 'wait and see' with regard to Easy's plans and the outcome of the flybe review.

BA should be able to clean up 90% of the business traffic to and from the Island if they play their cards right and don't get too greedy.

Whilst this is better than nothing I don't think we should get too excited about it.

This is fine if you need to do business in the Canary Wharf area or are on a good expense account but not very good if you have business away from that zone, need to travel further afield or have to pay it out of your own pocket.

All the other airports affected by the Flybe withdrawal from LGW have one way or another maintained their business timings to LGW. Maybe we are right to think LCY more important or maybe all the others are right. Time will tell.

Edited by ellanvannin2010