The Future Of Core Air Links To The Island

madmanxpilot

FFS if anyone is under the impression that an EASA 145 maintenance approval counts for anything then they are seriously deluded. An EASA maintenance approval is a bunch of paperwork which guarantees sweet fanny adams so if you are choosing your operators based on some imaginary magical standard then you are living in cloud cuckoo land. I could take you to an EASA approved maintenance base close to here where I frankly wouldn't leave a lawnmower let alone an aircraft ! The Czech Republic is one of the most vibrant aviation countries with designs being launched all the time which are approved by EASA, contrast that with GB where we build no new aircraft because we have allowed the business to die and the skills therein to die too ! a good read is 'empire of the clouds' which charts the demise of the british aircraft industry. Maintenance has always been in the hands of the guy with the spanners and the eyes of the guy inspecting ! not in some imaginary bunch of paper which helps you decide who to fly with !

I note spanna outlines an incident in which a let 410 was tipped onto its wingtip because of a strong gust, maybe he forgot the links air J31 or maybe 41 which had an undercarriage collapse and slid off the runway at ronaldsway a short while ago after undetected internal corrosion of an undercarriage part !

I have nothing whatsoever to do with Citywing ex Manx 2 or whoever but think the thread should have some balance, especially as if as people say they are sticking to major operators then you may not be going anywhere !

• Like 2

asitis

Maybe you are going a bit over the top

As long as somebody, anybody is prepared to flight to/from IOM I am happy!

I have not heard stories of planes falling out of the sky in UK on a daily basis, so they must at least a little bit IK.

Sorry for the rant just trying to prevent distorted views of the industry helping the island to cut its own throat transport wise !!

The Jetstreams are indeed on the UK Register and subject to CAA/EASA maintenance regulations – but the issue still remains that Citywing who sold you the seat has no AOC and is merely a ticket provider.

So – when accidents happen the ‘ticket provider’ goes into denial and points out that all claims are not their responsibility (Ref Cork accident).

If that’s what you’re happy with – fine! As for me, I’ll fly with the major operators.

In such circumstances, wouldn't the liability lie with the operator of the aircraft anyway - if it was proved an incident was due to negligence etc?

If you buy a ticket for a pop concert from ticketmaster, for example, and the arena collapses due to lack of maintenance, liability would surely be with the owner of the arena, rather than the ticket sellet?

If you buy your BA or Virgin Atlantic ticket from a travel agency and there is an incident due to the negligence of the operator, which was unknown to the travel agent, then your action would be against the operator.

The only way you could take action against the ticket seller is if it can be shown they were aware of the potential for a problem, but sold you the ticket anyway.

If you are not confident in the ability of the aircraft operator, fair enough, but the fact you are buying the ticket from a third party isn't really an issue is it.

if your 'contract' is with the ticket seller who advertises as an operator then surely the seller has responsibillity?

what will shittywing be called after the next fuckup they want to distance themselves from??

Edited by WTF

The Jetstreams are indeed on the UK Register and subject to CAA/EASA maintenance regulations – but the issue still remains that Citywing who sold you the seat has no AOC and is merely a ticket provider.

So – when accidents happen the ‘ticket provider’ goes into denial and points out that all claims are not their responsibility (Ref Cork accident).

If that’s what you’re happy with – fine! As for me, I’ll fly with the major operators.

In such circumstances, wouldn't the liability lie with the operator of the aircraft anyway - if it was proved an incident was due to negligence etc?

If you buy a ticket for a pop concert from ticketmaster, for example, and the arena collapses due to lack of maintenance, liability would surely be with the owner of the arena, rather than the ticket sellet?

If you buy your BA or Virgin Atlantic ticket from a travel agency and there is an incident due to the negligence of the operator, which was unknown to the travel agent, then your action would be against the operator.

The only way you could take action against the ticket seller is if it can be shown they were aware of the potential for a problem, but sold you the ticket anyway.

If you are not confident in the ability of the aircraft operator, fair enough, but the fact you are buying the ticket from a third party isn't really an issue is it.

I think the issue is that the majority of people do not know that they are not flying with an airline when they buy a ticket. If you go onto Citywing's website and you turn up with a Citywing ticket and you board an aircraft emblazoned with Citywing's logo it is logical to assume you are flying with an airline called Citywing. With a precedent set with the Cork tragedy, (when they couldn't put enough distance between themselves and it's 'customers') then it's reasonable to hold a sceptical opinion, rightly or wrongly, of the whole operation.

• Like 1

Yes spanna as I said earlier the route is being flown by Linksair on a J31 A/C.. Linksair the UK based operator which will be maintained by a UK based team, and audited by the CAA in the UK.

So get you argument right before you comment. Spanner.

Calm down you ponce.

Fair enough. I will have a look into them as I have never heard of them.

Seems strange to me that citywing chose a uk (and therefore more expensive) company to wet lease from when they use a/c and crew from crappy places for the other routes. Maybe they are booking their ideas up......

• Like 1

From MR: Scottish Manx relationship developing well(2)

"Chief Minister Allan Bell says ties are now closer than ever"

Seems so...

attachicon.gifties1.jpg

...now what's the website to go and volunteer to help fight for Scottish Independence I wonder?

Be proposing a bridge next.

Yes please.

Must keep Scotland close, they could be independent in a few years!

I think if I were you I wouldn't bet on that one - a three legged mouse with antlers stapled to its head, and ridden to victory by a team of ants, has more chance of winning the next Grand National than Scotland has of becoming independent.

• Like 2

Must keep Scotland close, they could be independent in a few years!

I think if I were you I wouldn't bet on that one - a three legged mouse with antlers stapled to its head, and ridden to victory by a team of ants, has more chance of winning the next Grand National than Scotland has of becoming independent.

It'll be close - within a few percent - but IMO the vote will be in favour of the union.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just tried booking some flights to/from London City in April and BA's websit is still only offering one flight per day.

Does anyone know when the new schedule of flights will be released?

Has anyone seen an annoucement from BA confirming that the service will be increased to the promised three flights per day?

It seems odd that BA have not put flights on sale yet. Do they not want our money?