Gansey Bus Crash

I just wanted to say how very sad I think this is for all involved, and I hope they all find the strength and support they will need to recover physical and emotionally.

Now you can all go back to proving how clever and witty you are in this thread about a 10-year-old being dead.

I think you've just redefined the word 'sad.'

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having apparently generated a wave of righteous indignation, let me explain the reason for my earlier comment.   Numerous people are on distro lists for official press releases, not all of them jour

Very poor taste Stu, when all people are doing is forwarding official press releases which are already in the public domain all over the net. Take your pathetic attempts at officialdom and leave them

Apologies...

Now you can all go back to proving how clever and witty you are in this thread about a 10-year-old being dead.

How witty and clever of you...

very sad it is that a child has died, but the thread isn't about a childs death, it's about a road accident involving a bus according to the title. why do you think it's about a childs death?

How witty and clever of you...

very sad it is that a child has died, but the thread isn't about a childs death, it's about a road accident involving a bus according to the title. why do you think it's about a childs death?

Have I misread this? Apologies if I have or if I am missing the point, the poor childs death is as a result of the Gansey Bush crash.

Have I misread this? Apologies if I have or if I am missing the point, the poor childs death is as a result of the Gansey Bush crash.

If the bushes are crashing we are going to be in real trouble!!!

On a more appropriate note it is terrible that a young girl has lost her life as a result of this incident. I cannot begin to understand the impact on the family of those involved but I would also include the passengers, the driver of the bus, those who stopped to help and the emergency services in my thoughts.

If the bushes are crashing we are going to be in real trouble!!!

On a more appropriate note it is terrible that a young girl has lost her life as a result of this incident. I cannot begin to understand the impact on the family of those involved but I would also include the passengers, the driver of the bus, those who stopped to help and the emergency services in my thoughts.

Very true. We were just behind this as it happened, a minute or so earlier and I'm sure my young daughter would have been traumatised if she witnessed it.

passed a car on its roof on the 'everlasting bend' out of Laxey this afternoon, must have just happened (3.30-ish) but lots of cars stopped attending to it, hope nothing serious there

Was it blue with retard plates on it?? If so, it nearly took us and the van behind out, we absolutely sh*t ourselves and counted our lucky stars that it hadn't hit us! The van behind slammed on its anchors and did a u-ie, we assumed to get his licence plate but maybe they saw something we didn't? Oh dear :-/

For those close or directly involved, of course yes it will put life into perspective.

But for most of us, actually it doesn't at all. It's a relatively rare event, a shock, and the reality is it's actually all the other things that happen each and every day that really puts life in perspective, that most people seem to ignore such as a 1 in 3 chance of getting cancer.

Leave the mob grief to Facebook please, which will no doubt be full of all kinds of people with no connection to this incident doing exactly that. Grief isn't a currency.

Its a case of grief affects people in different ways, I just ask you to respect that, of course others don't care and just get on with daily life easily, but driving past that accident scene will always be a terrible reminder of what happened for me.

passed a car on its roof on the 'everlasting bend' out of Laxey this afternoon, must have just happened (3.30-ish) but lots of cars stopped attending to it, hope nothing serious there

Was it blue with retard plates on it?? If so, it nearly took us and the van behind out, we absolutely sh*t ourselves and counted our lucky stars that it hadn't hit us! The van behind slammed on its anchors and did a u-ie, we assumed to get his licence plate but maybe they saw something we didn't? Oh dear :-/

All occupants are ok according to the Police Facebook page.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Stu, Aquarius, Albert - if you want to be moderators why not apply.

Most comments in this thread were passing information about the accident and nothing else.

Having apparently generated a wave of righteous indignation, let me explain the reason for my earlier comment.

Numerous people are on distro lists for official press releases, not all of them journalists. In those cases it's a 'heads up' so that people at - say the DOI - can see what the police response is, and if there is - for example - the likelihood of further investigations and possible charges being brought

Whilst I find the publishing of these on an internet forum like MF, or Facebook for example to be questionable practice, I understand that we're in the information age and that it's likely to happen increasingly unless the sender locks down the system to accredited journalists only. Not to give them the 'scoop' denied to the public, but because they will have been trained in legal responsibilities and official protocols. My biggest concern with what AC did (however innocently) was to include the 'Notes to Editors' line. This is a 'heads up' to journalists and is NOT for reporting. It may explain why police are running an investigation the way they are, it may give more of a description of a suspect, it may explain the apparent cause of an accident...but it is NOT for reporting to the public as it might hinder an inquiry, cause undue alarm or speculation or legally prejudice legal proceedings. In this case (fortunately) it didn't do any of those things, but what if the family was named in the notes (for example) and relatives got the news from the internet rather than a grief-counselling trained police officer?

I'm no self-appointed custodian of common sense or wannabe moderator, but I understand the system and the reason behind protocols.

Stu, you fucked up. Are you a qualified journalist?

Heart breaking for all concerned :-(

I was employed as a Senior Broadcast Journalist from 2003-2008 and had some training over those years.

I didn't fuck up in the slightest, everything I said is perfectly valid - the only mistake I made is in not knowing at the time that AC cut and pasted the release in good faith from an online police posting (including the section I commented on which should NOT have been included).