• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VDSL....one of the few cases men complain about it being too long...

As I suspected, I was told this by a Telecom Engineer who was installing Ultima - most wifi cards max out at 25Mb. It's a shocker I know.   Unless there are some different drivers for your existing

If it's next to the router why do you want to use wireless?

Check your sync speeds.

If you're on a Netgear router it's http://192.168.0.1 or if you're on a fritzbox it's http://fritz.box/

Shows connection at 52998 up and 2400 down - strange that i can never achieve anywhere near this, either d/l or u/l.

ETA - even You tube Video played in HD it Jerky :(

Edited by monty2k04

As I suspected, I was told this by a Telecom Engineer who was installing Ultima - most wifi cards max out at 25Mb. It's a shocker I know.

Unless there are some different drivers for your existing wifi card then I doubt you can do anything.

25Mb should be fast enough for most things though.

• Like 1

As I suspected, I was told this by a Telecom Engineer who was installing Ultima - most wifi cards max out at 25Mb. It's a shocker I know.

Unless there are some different drivers for your existing wifi card then I doubt you can do anything.

25Mb should be fast enough for most things though.

Manx Telecom have a nasty habit of not enabling wireless N.

Try going into the router settings and setting the wireless speed to 300Mbps instead of 54, if your other kit supports wireless N (most post-2008 does), then you should see an increase.