Dha Unable To Take The P**s!

Lightening McQueen

The people in Prison have been found guilty of a criminal offence and have, as a result, lost some of their personal freedom's. They are also their to undertake rehabilitation.

As the use of drugs is commonly associated with criminal acts then I would see the testing as part of the rehabilitation process.

Whilst they are in Prison it is an ideal opportunity to try and get those who use drugs of the habit.

Therefore I see no issue with this and in fact think that we give to many liberties to prisoners especially those who have been found guilty of serious offences.

• Like 3

It's alarming to hear that drugs tests have been taking place in the prison, without the necessary legislation! I wonder if any inmates subjected to such tests, have any inmates got any recourse due to this oversight/cock-up, I wonder?

What's your real point in this?

It's alarming to hear that drugs tests have been taking place in the prison, without the necessary legislation! I wonder if any inmates subjected to such tests, have any inmates got any recourse due to this oversight/cock-up, I wonder?

Who gives a F

here here

Who gives a F

here here

Hear hear actually.

Who gives a F

here here

Hear hear actually.

Hear, hear, hear, hear. Couldn't care less.

The point is no one picked this up before now. We pay people good money to ensure the correctly worded legal documents are in place to protect everyone. I would suspect that this testing would cover all in The Hilton, including those remanded in custody awaiting a trial. Therefore they remain innocent of any offence until proven guilty in a court of law.

If no one seeks compensation for illegal taking of a intimate sample which may have led to further sanctions while locked up in Jurby, the DHA have dodged a bullet.

Like it or loathe it, laws are laws, which is why Jurby exists as a lock-up in the first place.

The point is no one picked this up before now. We pay people good money to ensure the correctly worded legal documents are in place to protect everyone. I would suspect that this testing would cover all in The Hilton, including those remanded in custody awaiting a trial. Therefore they remain innocent of any offence until proven guilty in a court of law.

If no one seeks compensation for illegal taking of a intimate sample which may have led to further sanctions while locked up in Jurby, the DHA have dodged a bullet.

Like it or loathe it, laws are laws, which is why Jurby exists as a lock-up in the first place.

I'm with you here. Total arrogance again from IOMG - the DHA employs lawyers and upholds the law through the police force so the minimum you should expect their highly paid executives to do is check their fucking statutory powers before submitting prisoners to tests.

Edited by thesultanofsheight

I'm in favour of them testing for drugs but as discussed it should be done within the law. If this has been carried out without legislation, those responsible should answer under the law!

Some companies now test employees for recreational drugs etc, particularly if their work involves an element of danger to life.

Just for clarity, please don't have me down as a lilly livered liberal, I think those in prison have lost a lot of the civil liberties law-abiding people enjoy, and we spend too much on them as it is. However, as already pointed out, if we're paying people to draw up legislation, surely they should make sure it gives them the powers they seek.

I wonder what the A.G. would say about this?

Hardly Dachau though is it?

Human rights bla bla bla bollix

TJ - I think you are as mad as a box of frogs, but agree with you on this one.

But by the same token the police could ask you to go down a back lane and pee in a bottle to check you out for illegal substances, without any permission if legislation isn't required?