Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
asitis

Maderia Flight Not Enough Runway !

I am quite shocked that this non-story has got as much coverage on Manx Radio news as it has today, every hour on the dot. Holidaymakers being interviewed saying they will be demanding huge compensation etc etc.

When you go on holiday your at the mercy of the weather and other unforeseen events like strikes, its what holiday insurance can be for.

If this planeload of people think for one moment that they will be getting a big payout then they are going to be very letdown, look at the small print on your tickets peeps, forget about any thought of big payout and enjoy the rest of your stay.

Forget about it and enjoy yourselves, sh*t happens and despite the current fad for someone always being to blame for everything that goes wrong in someones life, that attitude will always end with disappointment.

As this was a EU flight see: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/

I know there's a clause somewhere about charters but I don't think this was the case. I was involved in group/class action against FlyBe and FlyBe caved in.

Aviation fuel sure would make the shower hot!

Kerosene? Should work fine for heating.

Jet A1 fuel (Kero) - has no lubricity additives; caution domestic CH use due to potential for seized fuel pump/injector.

Tempting though, as JA1 doesn't have tax due. Around £0.33/litre last time I dealt with it (late 90's).

TBT.

Jet A1 is the same fuel and 28sec heating fuel and comes from the same storage tank at battery pier.

GD4ELI That was not my point, maybe they can start involving lawyers and spend the rest of their holiday planning this but then they will hardly have a relaxing holiday - the main point of a holiday.

They need to get over it and enjoy themselves, as I said shit happens and where they may think there is "Blame" there may not be a "Claim" its a stinking modern attitude that makes people twisted.

FFS Life is too short to get worked up over something like this. Its a holiday, relax, be cool and drink tea.......................................

• Like 3

Yes BL knowing nothing other than what you've overheard.

There are elderly persons on the trip and the way they've been treated was appalling.

Don't worry one way or another those responsible will be held accountable.

Now I will be bowing out of this thread and enjoying the rest of my hard earned break.

I would just like thank Atlantic Holidays for their effort and and patience. With some very upset passengers.

Edited by Erco

Aviation fuel sure would make the shower hot!

Kerosene? Should work fine for heating.

Jet A1 fuel (Kero) - has no lubricity additives; caution domestic CH use due to potential for seized fuel pump/injector.

Tempting though, as JA1 doesn't have tax due. Around £0.33/litre last time I dealt with it (late 90's).

TBT.

Jet A1 is the same fuel and 28sec heating fuel and comes from the same storage tank at battery pier.

Thanks Molly. I was going to come back at that but couldn't be arsed. But now you have, thanks again.

• Like 1

Jesus Fuck...six pages

Jult wait until they all get back and end up being diverted to Jurby.

...and have a near miss with a non-existent wind turbine.

Yes BL knowing nothing other than what you've overheard.

There are elderly persons on the trip and the way they've been treated was appalling.

Don't worry one way or another those responsible will be held accountable.

Now I will be bowing out of this thread and enjoying the rest of my hard earned break.

I would just like thank Atlantic Holidays for their effort and and patience. With some very upset passengers.

"Those responsible will be held to account" huh.png

This was a budget holiday flight, just like the millions of other flights like this, they are at the mercy of the weather and mechanical problems.

Those responsible would be who exactly? God?

"Held to account" sounds a bit like what you would do to a war criminal, not a package holiday company............................

Fucking cheapskates what do they expect? How many other people in the world suffer shitty package holidays parcelled up by shitty tour operator? Is Cretney wanting to bail out his upper lower class retiree voters as its all he has left to hang on to?

Fucking cheapskates what do they expect? How many other people in the world suffer shitty package holidays parcelled up by shitty tour operator? Is Cretney wanting to bail out his upper lower class retiree voters as its all he has left to hang on to?

I don't know what point you're trying to make here Hboy. Could you explain what you mean ?