' Suffering An Injustice' - P A G Criticises Legal System

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The justice system here is as unjust as it is everywhere else - ie. your access to "justice" depends on how much money you've got.

So there must be records of the find of the illegal drugs in maughold, records of the arrest, records of the report to the AG chambers,records of the AG chambers research into the person and the evide

I'd say that the legal system should be under scrutiny (as elsewhere) and that those making the rules, carrying them out or representing the public should be watched as far too often, complacency and

So there must be records of the find of the illegal drugs in maughold, records of the arrest, records of the report to the AG chambers,records of the AG chambers research into the person and the evidence, records of the tests done on the plants found, records of how they were destroyed, !

but if a young kid caught with a fivers worth goes through the sysyem they are taken to court. something stinks about this !

same as the Andreas mystery when the man lost his trousers !

Not strictly true I would be very surprised if someone is sent to court the first time they are caught with drugs that is for personal use

I stumbled upon ‘a jungle of cannabis’

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/i-stumbled-upon-a-jungle-of-cannabis-1-6063642

Mark Cowley, of Glen Mona, said he noticed a man ‘acting suspiciously’ around a disused quarry on the main A2 road in the Dhoon area. Mr Cowley and another resident – an off-duty police officer – went to inspect. ‘We thought it was people after the eggs of nesting birds of prey, which has happened in the past there,’ he said. The man ran off, and during a subsequent search of the quarry the pair made an unexpected discovery. ‘We found a large cultivation of cannabis. On the top of a little plateau was in excess of 50 or 60 plants, some of which were four feet high and mature,’ said Mr Cowley, adding that in addition he found two cultivation propagators with ‘a large number of plants at various stages of growth’. ‘It was a determined effort, there were bags full of stripped cannabis leaves. To get to the top you have to really climb. It was quite an industrial spot,’ he recalled. ‘You can imagine my surprise. Dumbfounded is the word. Little cultivations have been found in various places around the island, but not out in the open like this. It looked like a jungle.’

This wasn't drugs for personal use - it was an industrial operation.

So there must be records of the find of the illegal drugs in maughold, records of the arrest, records of the report to the AG chambers,records of the AG chambers research into the person and the evidence, records of the tests done on the plants found, records of how they were destroyed, !

but if a young kid caught with a fivers worth goes through the sysyem they are taken to court. something stinks about this !

same as the Andreas mystery when the man lost his trousers !

Not strictly true I would be very surprised if someone is sent to court the first time they are caught with drugs that is for personal use

I stumbled upon ‘a jungle of cannabis’

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/i-stumbled-upon-a-jungle-of-cannabis-1-6063642

>Mark Cowley, of Glen Mona, said he noticed a man ‘acting suspiciously’ around a disused quarry on the main A2 road in the Dhoon area. Mr Cowley and another resident – an off-duty police officer – went to inspect. ‘We thought it was people after the eggs of nesting birds of prey, which has happened in the past there,’ he said. The man ran off, and during a subsequent search of the quarry the pair made an unexpected discovery. ‘We found a large cultivation of cannabis. On the top of a little plateau was in excess of 50 or 60 plants, some of which were four feet high and mature,’ said Mr Cowley, adding that in addition he found two cultivation propagators with ‘a large number of plants at various stages of growth’. ‘It was a determined effort, there were bags full of stripped cannabis leaves. To get to the top you have to really climb. It was quite an industrial spot,’ he recalled. ‘You can imagine my surprise. Dumbfounded is the word. Little cultivations have been found in various places around the island, but not out in the open like this. It looked like a jungle.’

This wasn't drugs for personal use - it was an industrial operation.

Wasn't talking about that I was talking about the comment of the kid with a fivers worth of drugs would be put through the system.

As for justice who would be receiving justice on this occasion? Fact is we have one side of the story a full report would have been sent to the AG'S and they would have made their decision based on that

I have never seen any evidence or even the slightest indication of corruption in our justice system.

Thomas, how much experience of life have you actually had? Ever needed to consult an advocate or require legal advice? Ever been involved in litigation?

No, thought not.

I have never seen any evidence or even the slightest indication of corruption in our justice system.

Thomas, how much experience of life have you actually had? Ever needed to consult an advocate or require legal advice? Ever been involved in litigation?

No, thought not.

If you have an allegation of corruption, please feel free to name names and feel free to provide evidence to back up your allegation. Otherwise, you're just talking bollocks. Oh, and for all you know, I could be an advocate. Biyatch, you don't know me!

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

I'd say that the legal system should be under scrutiny (as elsewhere) and that those making the rules, carrying them out or representing the public should be watched as far too often, complacency and friendships get in the way of truthfulness and justice.

The legal system requires bods to keep these little empires going and more and more law firms are amalgamating to keep costs down and unfortunately, crime is needed for the cogs to turn and so many unnecessary lengthy cases eat away the public purse.

Do I have faith in the justice system, not from what I hear and if they drug tested everyone in Athol Street, there may or may not be a few surprises.

Do I think there's corruptness in the system.... bloody right there is and who you know figures quite highly amongst certain places or Govt. departments, but prove it, not a chance as you or I just don't have enough money or clout to take the big boys on.

Still, even big boys can't keep all their secrets for ever.

• Like 4

A toytown Island with a toytown administration process.

I respectfully disagree, Sir. Toys don't go out with the intent of hurting anyone. The viciously self protecting elements within the island's administration surely deserve a more fitting term bestowed upon them.

• Like 1

No, thought not.

If you have an allegation of corruption, please feel free to name names and feel free to provide evidence to back up your allegation. Otherwise, you're just talking bollocks. Oh, and for all you know, I could be an advocate. Biyatch, you don't know me!

TJ, I can't recall, but did you name names when alleging senior civil servants blacklisted you from being employed in the CS? I remember you raising your plight more than once and railing against the injustice/corruption of these actions when applying for CS temp positions. A link to the appropriate thread where names are named and evidence evidenced would be helpful.

As it was temp position you sought, I can't help but conclude you are not an advocate.

IO

• Like 1

Even in Zimbabwe there would be warning that the heavies were going to arrest peoples' homes to pay for lawyers fees.

On the Isle of Man an advocate can tell the Coroner to go round (without warning) and arrest homes to have them auctioned.

(Where's the forum memberTugger, to have the phrase "Manx Mafia" explained again)