Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Cronky

' Suffering An Injustice' - P A G Criticises Legal System

Even in Zimbabwe there would be warning that the heavies were going to arrest peoples' homes to pay for lawyers fees.

On the Isle of Man an advocate can tell the Coroner to go round (without warning) and arrest homes to have them auctioned.

(Where's the forum memberTugger, to have the phrase "Manx Mafia" explained again)

There needs to be a judgement and execution first! An advocate cannot just do this. There is an exception for income tax related debts, but there is a comparable process.

So there must be records of the find of the illegal drugs in maughold, records of the arrest, records of the report to the AG chambers,records of the AG chambers research into the person and the evidence, records of the tests done on the plants found, records of how they were destroyed, !

but if a young kid caught with a fivers worth goes through the sysyem they are taken to court. something stinks about this !

same as the Andreas mystery when the man lost his trousers !

Not strictly true I would be very surprised if someone is sent to court the first time they are caught with drugs that is for personal use

I stumbled upon ‘a jungle of cannabis’

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/i-stumbled-upon-a-jungle-of-cannabis-1-6063642

>Mark Cowley, of Glen Mona, said he noticed a man ‘acting suspiciously’ around a disused quarry on the main A2 road in the Dhoon area. Mr Cowley and another resident – an off-duty police officer – went to inspect. ‘We thought it was people after the eggs of nesting birds of prey, which has happened in the past there,’ he said. The man ran off, and during a subsequent search of the quarry the pair made an unexpected discovery. ‘We found a large cultivation of cannabis. On the top of a little plateau was in excess of 50 or 60 plants, some of which were four feet high and mature,’ said Mr Cowley, adding that in addition he found two cultivation propagators with ‘a large number of plants at various stages of growth’. ‘It was a determined effort, there were bags full of stripped cannabis leaves. To get to the top you have to really climb. It was quite an industrial spot,’ he recalled. ‘You can imagine my surprise. Dumbfounded is the word. Little cultivations have been found in various places around the island, but not out in the open like this. It looked like a jungle.’

This wasn't drugs for personal use - it was an industrial operation.

These were plants growing on common land, no fencing etc. doesn't sound very industrial to me

Even in Zimbabwe there would be warning that the heavies were going to arrest peoples' homes to pay for lawyers fees.

On the Isle of Man an advocate can tell the Coroner to go round (without warning) and arrest homes to have them auctioned.

(Where's the forum memberTugger, to have the phrase "Manx Mafia" explained again)

There needs to be a judgement and execution first! An advocate cannot just do this.

"we've got execution" in a matter means send the Coroner in without any warning to arrest homes for auction to pay for the advocates' fees.

There is more to this of course manx-person. I anticipate that all the sordid details of the various *lawyers' behaviour will be available sometime. It's a gob-smacker.

* "lawyers" includes other legally qualified people as well as Manx advocates.

Edited by RonnieD

TJ, I can't recall, but did you name names when alleging senior civil servants blacklisted you from being employed in the CS? I remember you raising your plight more than once and railing against the injustice/corruption of these actions when applying for CS temp positions. A link to the appropriate thread where names are named and evidence evidenced would be helpful.

As it was temp position you sought, I can't help but conclude you are not an advocate.

IO

I didn't name names and the reason is because I've no hostility toward anyone and don't want anyone to get in trouble. Live and let live. Turn the other cheek. To quote

: "Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going....."

A toytown Island with a toytown administration process.

I respectfully disagree, Sir. Toys don't go out with the intent of hurting anyone. The viciously self protecting elements within the island's administration surely deserve a more fitting term bestowed upon them.

It's the way it has always been on the Isle of man Amadeus.

They'll bankrupt you destroy your health ,drive you to suicide, lie cheat and twist to get the desired result,it's nothing personal though .

It's just the good ole Isle of man!! Where you can.

Edited by homarus

No offence Thomas but at times you are full of shite!

I simply asked as a member of the public for proof of a private companies claim to exclusive use of public land and was subsequently bullshitted and ignored for 2 years before being shown a lease containing the names of 2 parties that had both ceased to exist,a lease that Ken Huggett and Neil Richmond both admitted under questioning, was their only claim to ownership. As for winding up the Dep of education and that fat arrogant incompetent tool John Gill,I,ve only just started.

Even the monkeys on the magistrates panel accepted that the lease was void(Ergo not valid in law) but they went with the claim Mr Swain that all government land is private even though he never supplied any proof to back his assertion,an assertion that he later withdrew at appeal after being requested to provide same at appeal.

Read the case notes it's all there

"Oh" by the way I was never shown any original copy of the purported lease until I think the 3rd day?of the case ,as I recall?

These people are supposed to carry out their duties for the public benifit not for the benifit of private entities it is clearly set out in their terms and conditions and also code of conduct so forgive me if I don't buy into the "Be a good chap and run along now mentality" that a lot seem to have fallen into line with.

We are all the same ,all equal in the eyes of the law ,well that's the theory( and basis of our supposed democracy )anyway.

I will be writing to make a formal complaint about the behaviour of staff at both departments as soon as I have a chance to sit down and E-mail the relevent people at the minute I'm working 7 days a week 12 hr days in a very hot climate(Loving it though!) and this is the first time for almost a month I've had the energy to type, "Amadeus" will know what I'm talking about!!

All the best H

Homarus, don't misinterpret me --- I totally support what you did and have to take my hat off to you for sticking up for the Manx people's rights. I'm just saying all the court time could have been avoided.

There needs to be a judgement and execution first! An advocate cannot just do this.

"we've got execution" in a matter means send the Coroner in without any warning to arrest homes for auction to pay for the advocates' fees.

There is more to this of course manx-person. I anticipate that all the sordid details of the various *lawyers' behaviour will be available sometime. It's a gob-smacker.

* "lawyers" includes other legally qualified people as well as Manx advocates.

If you (as a non-lawyer) have a judgement in your favour, then you can ask the coroner to use a range of his power for enforcement purposes.

There are a number of ways that you can challenge an advocates bill, you can send it for assessment,

Did you do this?

Assessed, taxed, call it what you want. But it is carried out by that General Registry lot. Who I suggest are simple minded puppets of the advocates. Did next to fuck all (please excuse the language) and charged £3k. Didn't even check if the advocates had done the work they charged for. (they hadn't, quite obvious too)

Devious and duplicitous. There, two words that I feel well within my rights to describe the whole process.

Regarding the Coroner. Not even a phone call or a knock at the door to see if the darling advocates' bill could be paid. Straight for the jugular. Go for arresting peoples' homes without warning. A disgusting state of affairs.

Aye, I'll say again, Robert Mugabe would be proud of our legal system. He really would.

ps Have I told you the one about the deceitful Deemster yet, or shall I save it.

So there must be records of the find of the illegal drugs in maughold, records of the arrest, records of the report to the AG chambers,records of the AG chambers research into the person and the evidence, records of the tests done on the plants found, records of how they were destroyed, !

but if a young kid caught with a fivers worth goes through the sysyem they are taken to court. something stinks about this !

same as the Andreas mystery when the man lost his trousers !

Not strictly true I would be very surprised if someone is sent to court the first time they are caught with drugs that is for personal use

I stumbled upon ‘a jungle of cannabis’

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/i-stumbled-upon-a-jungle-of-cannabis-1-6063642

>Mark Cowley, of Glen Mona, said he noticed a man ‘acting suspiciously’ around a disused quarry on the main A2 road in the Dhoon area. Mr Cowley and another resident – an off-duty police officer – went to inspect. ‘We thought it was people after the eggs of nesting birds of prey, which has happened in the past there,’ he said. The man ran off, and during a subsequent search of the quarry the pair made an unexpected discovery. ‘We found a large cultivation of cannabis. On the top of a little plateau was in excess of 50 or 60 plants, some of which were four feet high and mature,’ said Mr Cowley, adding that in addition he found two cultivation propagators with ‘a large number of plants at various stages of growth’. ‘It was a determined effort, there were bags full of stripped cannabis leaves. To get to the top you have to really climb. It was quite an industrial spot,’ he recalled. ‘You can imagine my surprise. Dumbfounded is the word. Little cultivations have been found in various places around the island, but not out in the open like this. It looked like a jungle.’

This wasn't drugs for personal use - it was an industrial operation.

These were plants growing on common land, no fencing etc. doesn't sound very industrial to me

But whose land was it?

RonnieD,

Even if the Coroner is instructed to arrest a property it would not be sold straight away and in the interval the defendant could discuss the matter with the Coroner. If the debt could be settled then the property would not be sold, remember the Judgment instructs the Coroner to recover the debt, it does not dictate the method so if a Coroner and Defendant can resolve the debt then that's the end of it. It is not unusual for a Coroner to place an arrest on a property as a precaution usually in respect of a Treasury Warrant.

Assessed, taxed, call it what you want. But it is carried out by that General Registry lot. Who I suggest are simple minded puppets of the advocates. Did next to fuck all (please excuse the language) and charged £3k. Didn't even check if the advocates had done the work they charged for. (they hadn't, quite obvious too)

Devious and duplicitous. There, two words that I feel well within my rights to describe the whole process.

Regarding the Coroner. Not even a phone call or a knock at the door to see if the darling advocates' bill could be paid. Straight for the jugular. Go for arresting peoples' homes without warning. A disgusting state of affairs.

Aye, I'll say again, Robert Mugabe would be proud of our legal system. He really would.

ps Have I told you the one about the deceitful Deemster yet, or shall I save it.

Ronnie, you have my sympathies, no use to you , but I was in a similar situation when I was sued by a solicitor for an "unpaid bill"across @ Queens Bench, for many £K's , defended myself against a QC , then bill assessed by a "Taxing master" and they settled for £300, which I didn't think they deserved , after falsifying documentary evidence etc( but it was suggested to me by a friend that the law was a lottery and "next time they might throw a 6") .

I have had a little experience of how the law works over here , in a civil action (presided over by Deemster Keruish who I have to say I found to be a fair man) However, the case dragged on interminably (I suspect to rack up the bill).

I represented myself against what I've been told was the "Islands finest" .Long story short they eventually withdrew , each side bearing it's own costs (i was advised as I represented myself I had no costs) .

The conduct of one of the advocates was "unfortunate" and in my opinion was calculated to offend . I considered complaining to the relevant body, but having seen the way advocates ridicule their own clients amongst themselves during court recesses I decided it wasn't worth the candle.

I have to say that the incompetence of some of the advocates was staggering , the pinnacle being when one advocate claimed to be representing a defendant when she was acting for the appellant (and didn't even know the name of her client).

A toytown Island with a toytown administration process.

I respectfully disagree, Sir. Toys don't go out with the intent of hurting anyone. The viciously self protecting elements within the island's administration surely deserve a more fitting term bestowed upon them.

Venal aspiring oligarchy.?

I'm sure there are plenty of incompetent lawyers out there, or ones who turn up not having done their homework properly, but I simply do not believe that the system is corrupt. Lawyers like to WIN, that's why they go on the offensive. The English style legal system makes the risk of costs a weapon, and that is a problem with the system, but it's nothing to do with corruption.

@paswt - the case I refer to, try a sum very much nearer to £50,000!

Tugger, I'm talking about Isle of Man heavyweights here. Yes they are there to win, especially when covering up their company's dodginess. And have no compunction in lying or any other trick that is needed. The friendly Deemster - no stranger to similar dodginess himself - will happily stroke them through and even act as second chair for those difficult court moments.

Duplicity.

Dear Tugger, it would appear you have fresh-facedly embarked upon a legal career. Full of dashing sharp-suited young professionals.

I'll give you a few years and you will have the complexion of a twisted walnut. Maybe not on the outside - some of the benefits of all that Athol Street etc. money is that the surgeons knife and Botox® are so easily accessible - but the inside is less easy to disguise.

RonnieD,

Even if the Coroner is instructed to arrest a property it would not be sold straight away and in the interval the defendant could discuss the matter with the Coroner. If the debt could be settled then the property would not be sold, remember the Judgment instructs the Coroner to recover the debt, it does not dictate the method so if a Coroner and Defendant can resolve the debt then that's the end of it. It is not unusual for a Coroner to place an arrest on a property as a precaution usually in respect of a Treasury Warrant.

Coroner, ask yer pals. In one case it was an elderly lady who was ill and bedridden. All she had done was sign a witness statement and was little aware of the court case or much to do with it. The Coroner's very first contact was pinning arrest notices on people's homes. Very first contact. Didn't even ring the doorbell and left. As the Number One Deemster tells you on glorious Tynwald Day - go and do God's work.

As I have stated before, and admittedly somewhat poetically but nonetheless relevant, the Mafia at least have the courtesy to kill people outright, the family grieve, the family move on. In the Isle of Man, what I see as as our very own Mafioso styled, would seem to enjoy the eeking out and bleeding people dry of their lives.

Footnote - two of the people involved have since died and not as an entirely indirect result of all this.

The Isle of Man - Where You Can

Ronnie

You are clearly very disturbed by the case you outline and I sympathise. Clearly I have no idea what case you are talking about and therefore can't make a judgement about what you describe.

I would however say that if all you say is true then I am sure that you can take your grievance to a higher place, maybe a direct appeal to the Governor - of course you would need to have proper evidence to support your allegations. I for one have never encountered any problems when dealing with the Manx legal system. My only complaint is that fees are excessive, but that is a matter of opinion.