Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Moghrey Mie

Tt Viewing Platforms

I see many of the scaffolding platforms that were put up around the time of the TT are still up.

Have they got planning permission and will they become permanent features around the course.

I thought IOM government brought in strict rules about roadside advertising after that mobile unit down near Ballasalla.

It doesn't seem to bother them when it's election time. The highways and byways are festooned with advertising then.

Cretters went berserk with his advertising at Pully Bridge last time around.

One rule for 'them' and another for us.

TBT.

• Like 1

O hang on a minute, you don't think the government are paying for them on a weekly rate ?

No I could see that happening over here ?

haha

It seems quite a regular practice here to rent scaffolding, only then for the supplier to leave it up quite a long time after the job is finished. Happenened to a mate of mine who was doing some DIY work, who ended up having to nag the firm for months to take it down.

Of course it will be far cheaper to leave a temporary grandstand up and simply recheck it and sign it off, rather than pull it down, rebuild it and resign for it, where often the components are stored in the open air at scaffolders HQ anyway.

So you can understand the 'why' it might still be there, but is it breaching planning regulations by being there, and is it breaching the regs on advertising at certain spots? Are they just tatty cheapskate profiteering money-making solutions that should come down immediately after use at the expense of who is placing them?

There again, are grandstands on a world renowned racing circuit to be considered roadside clutter? Especially those that could be used to advertise reminders to people not to use 'mobile phones' and how to drive more safely for other parts of the year, as well as serve as adverts for the TT for any visitors that come out here outside of the racing fortnights?

I think someone should be employed full-time to investigate this vital issue

I think someone should be employed full-time to investigate this vital issue

I suspect eleventeen government workers already are.

Or get Cretiny to look into it...I for one would love to see him on the scaffold. That's one cut I'd really like to see.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 1