Robertshaw Says The Gov Can Save £900,000

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me £850k a year & I'll hand deliver a cashiers cheque to each & every pensioner on the island every month, or to their bank or building society anywhere in the world. Where the hell do th

Ref: The Mannin Line (Sun 3 Nov).   Priceless from the Right Honourable Chris this afternoon.   Answering a question Chris added "I hear what you're saying" only for Roger to press for an answer.

Speaking as a pensioner - one who has had to wait four fucking weeks for the first payment to be paid directly into a bank account that I didn't want to fucking-well use - I am severely pissed off by

Posted Images

Some sums:

Let's say 25,000 pensioners get paid, that's a saving of 36 quid per pensioner per year or 3 quid each per month.

So this begs the question: which fool is paying this much money for the transfers?

The idea is to pay all pensions and benefits into a bank account instead of people getting paid at Post Offices,.....why change something which has worked for years, any thoughts on this.

Because it's costing £900,000 a year?

Only if you believe a complete tosser such as robber - shaw.

• Like 4

Some sums:

Let's say 25,000 pensioners get paid, that's a saving of 36 quid per pensioner per year or 3 quid each per month.

So this begs the question: which fool is paying this much money for the transfers?

and how long has this been going on !

If Government wants to pay all pensions and benefits directly into a bank account then it will have to pass a law making it a legal requirement for everyone to have a bank account.

They will find that impossible. You cannot force people to buy a commercial product.

• Like 1

If Government wants to pay all pensions and benefits directly into a bank account then it will have to pass a law making it a legal requirement for everyone to have a bank account.

They will find that impossible. You cannot force people to buy a commercial product.

If you look at the UK you'll find that they send a cashier's cheque if you don't have an account, you can cash this at any bank or Post Office.

Isn't a letterbox a commercial product?

If you have not got a bank account you get so many weeks (It used to be 12 weeks) of grace during which you can be paid by a Giro type cheque to be cashed at a specific post office and then if you have not got a bank account you get a warning of foreclosure so to speak....You can get a Basic Bank account which bears no charges and costs but it is just a card for the ATM and that's all. You cannot even use the counter services. All is automated through the hole in the wall even paying in. Also Basic accounts have no Standing Orders or Direct Debits. But no charges. However you still have to go through usual checking/ID/KYC procedure even for a Basic account...On the other hand I think I am right in saying that by arrangement and there being no major scares the banks have to let you have a Basic bank account if it is for Benefits/Pensions from the State...There must be a deal or understanding there....The island will probably adopt much the same???

Put Robertshaw in charge of Government employee pensions.

Although I wonder will his swingeing axe be so keen with the idle rich? (rhetorical question only)

Edited by RonnieD
  • Like 2

The UK Post Office have a Post Office Account which is used by people on JSA/Income Support or on other benefits, payment is made to this account by DWP. The account is designed for people who don't have a bank account. You go to the post office with your account card and withdraw your benefits - works like a chip n pin. Most benefits paid direct to bank accounts or post office card accounts.