Triskel

Davy Knowles Returns To The Gaiety 9 Dec

As it says on the tin.Davy Knowles returns for another magical Gaiety show

Tickets now on sale

Online at www.villagaiety.com - Welcome Centre - Hotline 600555

post-289-0-46813800-1384191242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Triskel
  • Like 1

Yes Nick Barlow is from Peel and is the annoyingly talnted wood crafter who happens to be a very handy guitarist like his father. They play a flavour of garage rock and some songs akin to the likes of the Black Keys aswell as a handful of self penned songs more serene.

Heres a cover and an original:

Creedance Clearwater Revivial cover of Fortunate Sons

Nick Barlow original Take it as it comes recorded at St John's Music Mill Edited by Triskel

And here's the original from The Dude's favourite band:

CCR's most political song, and a real favourite of mine. Check out some of the other great videos of this....

"You've godda have the Creedence maaaan...."

You can usually catch the Bad Noise at The Royal or the creek in Peel Donald! They play the Station Port St Mary Sat 30 Nov too for info.

Edited by Triskel

WIN A VIP BOX AND SOUNDCHECK PASSES FOR DAVY KNOWLES AT GAIETY 9 DECEMBER 2013:

Today Thursday 21 November sees the latest edition of the Southern Chronicle to tide you through the Festive period.

Even better it is the ONLY place you can enter a competition.

The PRIZE:
Soundcheck passes to catch Davy and band rehearsing pre-show

Autographed colour posters signed by the whole band

VIP Box for you and a friend to watch the entire show

(Please note the prize cannot be exchanged for anything else and all entrants must be able to attend the Gaiety Theatre from Midday on Monday 9 December 2013)

All absolutely free and the only catch is to pick up a copy of the Southern Chronicle turn to Page 40 to read about the Southern Music Scene by Gypo Buggane and answer the question on that page.Clue at www.triskelpromo.com

SOME MORE EXCITING NEWS ABOUT DAVY AND THE AIRWAVES SOON.......

Edited by Triskel

Davy will be joining Ed Oldham on the popular Saturday Night Live on Manx Radio The guys will be talking about their musical influences, playing some VINYL (!) and Davy hopes to play a couple of numbers acoustically live in the studio prior to his concert at the Gaiety Theatre the following Monday. The gig is as good as sold out with a handful of seats left in the “Gods”. We can’t say too much, actually we can’t say anything but we have a few surprises to come on the night!…..

Davy will announce the winner of the VIP soundcheck passes during the show…..

Saturday Night Live December 7th 6-9pm

Still a few seats left for this show.The "Slips" have been opened up and are in actual fact very good viewing points in my opinion. Whilst we obviously like to sell as many tickets as possible,the music lover's experience should be considered too.

http://www.triskelpromo.com/2013/12/davy-knowles-ticket-info/

With have a few surprises on the night!

I see the gentleman tasked with reviewing this concert for the newspaper is having some kind of emotional crisis over his perceived mistreatment at the hands of the promoters and venue staff.

" I was supposed to have a box seat...as it was I was fecked around by the Gaiety clowns..in particular the grossly overpromoted parking attendant who seems to have acquired the title of House Manager. And then when I sat I at a seat Overpromoted Twat directed me to at the end of the top row..I was bollocked by the uppity attendant bitch who loudly declared it was HER seat!! Typical of the fucking attitude at Villa/Gaiety that customers are a necessary evil!! ! Both by Conroy as the promoter and by the Gaoety...totally unacceptable treatment. I will be seeking apologies and dismissals tomorrow."

Isle of Man Newspapers should be honoured to have such an eloquent speaker writing for them.

Wasn't at the concert but have much experience of the Gaiety's user / customer prevention programme; so have some sympathy with the reviewer. It has long been run as a museum and occasional performance space, by some very petty minded managers, staff and volunteers. Paid for by taxpayers, but in reality it's run mainly for the benefit of the usual Manx snobs and the great and the good of the Island.

Maybe it's another example of internet bullying, but it's always funny to see a full on internet meltdown

" I've had more more and more than enough of these so called friends who snub, shit on and fuck me over again & again. Abusers of trust..abusers of loyalty..fucking vermin. May they have eternal misfortune and suffering. I curse them. Vermin."

"TOO FUCKING RIGHT..CONROY..LIZZIE CORLETT..AND THE WHOLE OF THE NARCISSIIC PEEL CLIQUE..SCUMBAGS !!!!"

I suspect that there will not be many more reviews coming

• Like 1