Santa Is Needed:)

Hi guys Manx Charity A Little Piece of Hope is holding two children's christmas parties one on the 15/12/2013 and the other on the 23rd/12/2013 Santa is needed:)

Please message me or phone Helen on 378284 if you can help

Many Thanks

Hi guys Manx Charity A Little Piece of Hope is holding two children's christmas parties one on the 15/12/2013 and the other on the 23rd/12/2013 Santa is needed:)

Please message me or phone Helen on 378284 if you can help

Many Thanks

I have no connection or knew of this charity A little piece of Hope before I googled it, but I wish you and other families well.

Some info from the Facebook site

A Little Piece of Hope, (cha no1114) is a manx charity that I have set up in memory of my daughter Hope Samara Walmsley. We aim to help families on the Isle of Man, who have lost children with the costs of headstones plaques and funerals.

Good luck :)

Not being funny but if your going to get a Santa I think you'll need to CRB check them first ! By the time that's done Christmas would be gone.

I wouldn't be happy if my two girls went to a party and I later discovered Santa was just some random volunteer no one knew anything about...... Just saying

Not being funny but if your going to get a Santa I think you'll need to CRB check them first ! By the time that's done Christmas would be gone.

I wouldn't be happy if my two girls went to a party and I later discovered Santa was just some random volunteer no one knew anything about...... Just saying

Even though I know you're technically right here, what - realistically - do you think Santa is going to do in the three minutes he gets to see each child?

Santa's are often played by a parent - do you think they should all be CRB checked too? If you are so scared of your kids being raped everytime they bump into a random adult, you're going to have a hell of a life ahead of you.

Edited by parchedpeas
  • Like 1

Even though I know you're technically right here, what - realistically - do you think Santa is going to do in the three minutes he gets to see each child?

Santa's are often played by a parent - do you think they should all be CRB checked too? If you are so scared of your kids being raped everytime they bump into a random adult, you're going to have a hell of a life ahead of you.

Actually, yes, I do happen to think that any man who wants to bounce kids up and down on his knee in fancy dress should be CRB checked.

• Like 1

Actually, yes, I do happen to think that any man who wants to bounce kids up and down on his knee in fancy dress should be CRB checked.

How sad.

Best of luck with the party and the fund raising. Work is mad before Christmas and I am not sure I would be a good Santa anyway but hope you find someone. I think the round table do Santa stuff each year so maybe ask them.

As for anyone who's initial reaction is CRB checks and worries about children sitting on a mans knew.m, that's why being a dad/man is a minefield these days. Everyone is scared to death of what other people think and how they might interpret their actions.

I am surprised anybody volunteers to help with cubs, charity stuff, gym classes etc as all the nutters immediately assume you are up to no good when in reality they are the ones with issues.

• Like 6

My wife is a parent (of three) and had to be CRB checked before she gave a lift to and from the Wildlife Park and accompanied the 2 teachers with a group of 4 children of her own for a school trip, so I think regardless of one's own personal stance on this the legalities are already set in stone.

Quite right! Don't let your kids go anywhere... ever. The world is just too dangerous a place for anyone to live in, isn't it?

Oh... and since most incidents of the kind you're concerned about seem to happen in the home do not, under any circumstances, give your children hugs!

If we have to start doing CRB checks for Father Christmas, then we might as well all pack up. Christmas has little credibility as a meaningful festival as it is. This assumption of guilt and cynicism is poisoning our society and eroding the very sort of trust and cohesion that holds what's left of it together.

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 2