The Winter Weather Chaos Thread

Amadeus

So moral of the story is: The two based companies here, FlyBe and Citywing have got people home for Christmas. The others don't give one about the island and won't even wait for a break (Though Aer Arann are at least going to try)

I would LOVE it if Cretney was on that EasyJet flight.

Easyjet just revealed what we already knew. They couldn't give a crap about the Island, and if a chance to do an easier or more profitable route comes up they'll divert a plane and do that over supplying a basic service to the IOM.

What sort of Island wants that as part of their essential lifeline to the rest of the world? I hope Cretney was booked on it too.

Can't imagine sitting in today with no food, and nothing to do because you expected to be with family off Island but EJ basically couldn't be arsed supplying a plane on Xmas Eve.

Edited by localyokel

So moral of the story is: The two based companies here, FlyBe and Citywing have got people home for Christmas. The others don't give one about the island and won't even wait for a break (Though Aer Arann are at least going to try)

I would LOVE it if Cretney was on that EasyJet flight.

Easyjet just revealed what we already knew. They couldn't give a crap about the Island and if a chance to do an easier or mote profitable route comes up they'll do that over supplying a service to the IOM. What sort of Island wants that as part of their essential lifeline to the rest of the world?

we had to ask easy jet to come to try and justify ( for the gullible ) the extra long runway we never needed. notice how the much flag waved about flights to scotland are on smaller planes. planes more suited to the route and demand or something like that the CM alluded to. we only ever needed smaller type planes at suitable travel times.

• Like 3

Easyjet just revealed what we already knew. They couldn't give a crap about the Island, and if a chance to do an easier or more profitable route comes up they'll divert a plane and do that over supplying a basic service to the IOM.

EasyJet is a commercial company, not a charity.

What sort of Island wants that as part of their essential lifeline to the rest of the world?

You should know - you elected them.

EasyJet is a commercial company, not a charity.

What sort of Island wants that as part of their essential lifeline to the rest of the world?

You should know - you elected them.

I might have known that you'd pipe up. Being sad and on your own and halfway up a Swiss mountain doing bugger all but looking forward to worrying the cows all afternoon.

Why do you care, or even bother expressing an opinion, as you don't even live here?

• Like 1

I might have known that you'd pipe up. Being sad and on your own and halfway up a Swiss mountain doing bugger all but looking forward to worrying the cows all afternoon.

Why do you care, or even bother expressing an opinion, as you don't even live here?

The cows are all in their winter quarters.

I care because I may well end up living on the rock again sooner or later.

Anyway, you need educating as you talk cobblers most of the time...

The cows are all in their winter quarters.

I care because I may well end up living on the rock again sooner or later.

Anyway, you need educating as you talk cobblers most of the time...

You don't care at all. Its just one more reason for you to slag the Island off from your smug alpine perch. Have a great day feeling vastly superior to everyone else as you seem to do most days.

Here's hoping the shingles stay attached and the tree roots aren't so saturated that they lose their hold on the ground.

This storm too will blow over, may the damage be minimal.

Merry Christmas to you all and Happy New Year as well.