Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Lxxx

The Thirsty Pigeon

Opposite HSBC on Victoria Street / bottom of Prospect Hill

2rhpc0g.jpg

Mmmmm! Nice paving! Really to tempts you to go there, doesn't it?

What bitters are on there?

Doom Bar and Okells. Had one of each (the Doom ran dry and I wasn't waiting) and the pint of Doom was very nice. Okells is meh at the best of times.

Overall, nice little pub. Suffers from the poor accoustic problem Bar George used to have and there's not a vast amount of seating but its definitely going to be somewhere I return to. Was very busy last night, probably a bit overfull but I was only there 4.30 to 5.30 so who knows how busy it got later.

I think I poked my head in about 7ish and it seemed very full and noisy so didn't stop. We started just after 11 so can't remember too much.

Standard Okells is meh, but I quite like Olaf, Jiarg and Aile

II think Carbon Selector does a weekly spot on a Friday night, and censorship has the Saturday night alternative spot covered but I believe Sunday night is free if you want a spot?

Doom Bar

Heh, how apt.

As soon as they teach the barstaff how to pour a pint of Guinness..........

As soon as they teach the barstaff how to pour a pint of Guinness..........

There hasn't been a decent pint of it anywhere local since the Mannin Hotel closed.

It is a pity that Guiness Brewery does not reintroduce their drink as a real ale without the nitrogen and near freezing temperature. The foreign bottled version is indication how good it could be

Doom Bar and Okells. Had one of each (the Doom ran dry and I wasn't waiting) and the pint of Doom was very nice. Okells is meh at the best of times.

Overall, nice little pub. Suffers from the poor accoustic problem Bar George used to have and there's not a vast amount of seating but its definitely going to be somewhere I return to. Was very busy last night, probably a bit overfull but I was only there 4.30 to 5.30 so who knows how busy it got later.

Thats the Okells that consistenly wins Gold Awards in International Beer Competitions is it ? Total of 7 awards this year

To name just one Example, Okells Aile Voted Best European Smoked Beer In the World Beer Awards 2013

• Like 1