1961 Wolseley 1500

Looking to move on the Wolseley that I picked up as a part-ex.

It's a solid enough shell for someone after an easy restoration or a rolling project. Since getting it I've spent some time on the engine getting it running right, which it now does. Most of the consumables for the ignition have been replaced, as has the fuel filter so it now ticks over nicely and revs freely. Engine has around 62k miles on the clock and is leak free.

Bodywork wise it's in need of some TLC. There's a couple of patches needed on one sill and a new mount for the rear bumper needs fabricating. Externally the bodywork is starting to show it's age and there's a few areas that will need attention sooner rather than later. Nothing drastic, but needs sorting out at some point regardless. Rear bumper & bracket are included

Interior wise it's all wood and leather. The drivers seat has a tear and some of the wood work could do with a sand down and varnish, but apart from that it's 99% there as can be seen in the pics.

Great little car that's full of character and if I didn't need to release funds to fix my other car I'd have no hesitation in keeping her.

**SOLD**

Pictures of the car as of a couple of weeks ago.

DSC_0142_zpse79a992d.jpg

DSC_0141_zpsc82e4127.jpg

DSC_0137_zps6dca4864.jpg

DSC_0136_zps2681c8a7.jpg

DSC_0135_zps23154deb.jpg

DSC_0153_zps9e44d756.jpg

DSC_0156_zpsdafe1d95.jpg

Edited by Overdose
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe so. Check XLR8 on Facebook for some riotous fun involving him and then a chappie fancying himself as master thief and Mr Gangster. (Anyone on there will know EXACTLY who I mean).

Don't want to spam up your for sale thread but that really does look like a lovely piece of 60's motoring, back when cars were hand built and no two were quite the same!

Nice to see the usual suspects fagging up someones ad once again...