Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
mrmadmanx

Crap Manx Bakery Service

If they couldn't sell a loaf, they should have taken the opportunity of giving away a loaf free and instead of a complaint, they would likely have received a great deal of appreciation.

There may be more to this as to the reasons why not, but I'd say it was an opportunity lost as well as a customer.

Nice idea.

This is 2013. Customer then posts on here or that stupid Facebook page how nice they are because they gave them free bread as they were closing up.

End result, every scrounged in town starts turning up at closing time expecting free stuff. The shops says no, and then people post about how mean they are and damage their reputation.

Errrm my Mrs was not scrounging you tit she was just going into the shop that she goes in quite often.

You are obviously quite proficient in knowing lots about the habits of scroungers!

Happy Christmas

If they couldn't sell a loaf, they should have taken the opportunity of giving away a loaf free and instead of a complaint, they would likely have received a great deal of appreciation.

There may be more to this as to the reasons why not, but I'd say it was an opportunity lost as well as a customer.

Nice idea.

This is 2013. Customer then posts on here or that stupid Facebook page how nice they are because they gave them free bread as they were closing up.

End result, every scrounged in town starts turning up at closing time expecting free stuff. The shops says no, and then people post about how mean they are and damage their reputation.

Errrm my Mrs was not scrounging you tit she was just going into the shop that she goes in quite often.

You are obviously quite proficient in knowing lots about the habits of scroungers!

Happy Christmas

Read it again, slowly, and tell me where I said your mrs was a scrounger?

And cheers for calling me a tit. I will assume you have had a few festive drinks and lost the ability to read.

Ho Ho Ho

I buy my bread from amazon.

Not sliced.... pixelated.

• Like 1

I would have to agree with this post - The Scottish lady's manners are terrible, she refused to serve me a ham salad roll one day when everything was still out on display "because they where cleaning down" and on a number of other occasions she was obviously put out having to prepare food / salad rolls in a VERY flustered manner, even slamming my change down on the counter, I was so pissed off I phoned Ramsey bakery and left a message for Jimmy Duncan, I avoid this shop like the plague now!

especially when you see the staff smoking outside by the launderette two doors up eerrrgghh

Maybe the bin bags were actually heading to a charity? Or was it obviously going in a bin as waste?

i have worked in shoprite and ramsey bakey while in shoprite i was on the deli side and the ammount of waste that goes in the bin at the end of the day is crazy at ramsey bakery it use to be a bit diffrent it went to the wild life park for the animals not sure now

Amazon's bread comes from Bangladesh.

And it's sliced by converted Victorian looms operated by 4 year old children.

Amazon's bread comes from Bangladesh.

And it's sliced by converted Victorian looms operated by 4 year old children.

On minimum wage

I moved to Chelmsford a few years back and on my third day popped into the local newsagent at 6pm to pick up a copy of Motorcycle News. Despite the staff being there behind the counter and me standing there with MCN and the correct money in my hand, the owner said sorry we are closed.

Needless to say, I never darkened his door again and always went to the friendly Pakistani newsagent on my way home who was open until 8pm!