Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Just pulled this from their Facebook page

we traffic manage to ensure no more than 1/4 of each connection is used for streaming i.e. 2.5 Mbit/s for Broadband Basics and 10 Mbit/s for UltraBand. That's enough for multiple iPlayer streams. Other than that, we don't touch anything.

What do they class as streaming is the big question...

Just pulled this from their Facebook page

we traffic manage to ensure no more than 1/4 of each connection is used for streaming i.e. 2.5 Mbit/s for Broadband Basics and 10 Mbit/s for UltraBand. That's enough for multiple iPlayer streams. Other than that, we don't touch anything.

What do they class as streaming is the big question...

Seems like everything

Plus They are lying to us on front page(fake reviews)

post-3077-0-16404600-1397166300_thumb.png

Edited by fastie

You get what you pay for at the end of the end.

They are great for your average person checking emails and news.

I personally just re-signed with Wimanx for my constant 40mb. With out of this world customer support, it's worth every penny! Never had 1 bit of down time.

That's unsurprising but even the fakes are usually better than that.

I've never had to call Wimanx with a problem, and whenever I have spoken to them, they've been brilliant.

The bottom guy is in fact the acclaimed science fiction writer Robert J Sawyer, who lives in Canada.

http://www.sfwriter.com/

rjssmhd.jpg

They are great for your average person checking emails and news.

Based on my experience when we ran PTMP networks, you have to take into account the nature of the technology. Ultimately, interference and contention is part and parcel of WIFI based systems. That will inevitably result in inconsistent performance which may be fine for some people. It does demonstrate how good the Island's DSL network actually is. I was speaking to a guy who runs a large network in the UK and he was genuinely impressed by the performance locally.

Edited by joeyconcrete

I think their reasoning is that most people won't actually use their connection beyond checking their e-mails.

The field may be full of ponies but they're only letting them out through a tiny gate.

The bottom guy is in fact the acclaimed science fiction writer Robert J Sawyer, who lives in Canada.

Brilliant, good catch.

Brilliant, good catch.

Surely it just proves how ace the Bluewave signal is if a guy in Canada gives it 10 out of 10.

I like the cut of your jib.

Brilliant, good catch.

Surely it just proves how ace the Bluewave signal is if a guy in Canada gives it 10 out of 10.

It is feasibly posible to get 5.8Ghz from the IOM to Canada, however the data rate would be very slow.....

Brilliant, good catch.

It is feasibly posible to get 5.8Ghz from the IOM to Canada, however the data rate would be very slow.....

From the sounds of it, it'll be the same speeds locals are getting anyway....

Blah blah blah, moan moan moan.

Always the manx way when people do something new or different. If your a computer geek that was super fast speeds. Then stay on Copper! if you're a web surfer than move to Bluewave simples!

• Like 1

Blah blah blah, moan moan moan.

Always the manx way when people do something new or different. If your a computer geek that was super fast speeds. Then stay on Copper! if you're a web surfer than move to Bluewave simples!

Blah Blah Blah Zip it