Douglas Promenade - War Memorial - Here Today, Gone Tomorrow?

are those that have the responsibility 100% happy that the sea wall along the Douglas promenade by the War Memorial is structurally sound enough to continue withstanding storm seas as we've been having recently?

Or will it be a case of The Soldier is here today, and gone tomorrow?

Should it / is it being protected?

pictures please...

Gabions are a lot cheaper than concrete, but not as pretty.

channel_lining.jpg

Whether they would still move with the force of the waves or maybe not if built in a certain way, then I certainly wouldn't know, but it's just a thought for the moment

are those that have the responsibility 100% happy that the sea wall along the Douglas promenade by the War Memorial is structurally sound enough to continue withstanding storm seas as we've been having recently?

Or will it be a case of The Soldier is here today, and gone tomorrow?

Should it / is it being protected?

pictures please...

If it bothers you so much, why not take a sight down along the wall at low tide ?

In fact, take a camera and post the pics on here so we can all share your concerns

I feel like starting a new thread: Does anyone know if Manx1Bloke has ever started a new thread without using a question that he could probably find the answer to without very much effort?

I feel like starting a new thread: Does anyone know if Manx1Bloke has ever started a new thread without using a question that he could probably find the answer to without very much effort?

I think we need a poll (new thread) to answer that.

• Like 1

Concrete,pretty???w00t.gif

It can be made to look very good, depends what you do with it.

Exactly and slightly going off thread, but I liked what they did to this concrete.

stained-concrete-1.jpg

or this one

paella-esquer-2.gif

Concrete,pretty???w00t.gif

It can be made to look very good, depends what you do with it.

Can you get that info across to the DOI roundabout design team and see if they can make some concrete look like granite blocks,it'd save the taxpayer hundreds of thousands of £££££'s