Phil Gawne Applies For Leave To Introduce Bill To Abolish Legco

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like to think that more people are waking up to the chicanery and double-speak that has for so long been the staple of the robber-barons. There has been a certain slow-wittedness about the voting el

It's about being able to go to the voters at the next General Election and being able to say "I tried to get rid of those useless so-and-sos in LegCo, y'know. As a matter of fact, I even put a motion

Some brave men in LegCo it appears. Not big enough to stand man to man and debate but snidy little tricks to keep the lifestyle they're accustomed to but we cannot afford to sustain.   Why would y

Some brave men in LegCo it appears. Not big enough to stand man to man and debate but snidy little tricks to keep the lifestyle they're accustomed to but we cannot afford to sustain.

Why would you walk away from politics in the face of that behaviour?? I'd call them out, tell them to man up and feel the full glare of public scrutiny before they're outed as cowards.

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 7

Perhaps Minster Gawne could start the money saving ball rolling by refusing to accept the Ministerial pay up lift, I know it will not make a lot of difference to the current situation but it would shown willingness to face up to the problems. Thoughts ........

OK let's have all the figures for pay rises in the Private Sector. Including Bonus payment, Incentive payments, lunch allowances etc. or does that come under Mr Teare's ' Sensitive Information ' ? You will find it hard to find anyone on the Manual side of the Public Sector who receives any of these type of ,supplementary payments. " we are all in it together "

People employed in the private sector can have as many bonuses and allowances as their employers sees fit to pay them, it ain't our business as the private sector are going concerns, making money operations.

The public sector on the other hand are just spending money taken from everyone as taxes, there is a huge difference and even then when you take into account pensions, the public sector employee is better off anyway.

The above applies to both manual and office based public sector employees, although you are on very dodgy ground promoting how hard done by the manual PS workers are when on a daily basis we see them mob handed standing watching one of their co-workers wielding a shovel while the rest of them, if there is actually enough room around the hole to fit them all in, watch on, gossiping............

I quite like the idea of Phil Gawne wearing a battered old hat and a holster, Indiana Jones style, to take on the evil brutes in LegCo. Swinging in on a rope through the doors to see a load of old men half asleep or stuffing their faces with free sandwiches from the canteen.

He'd need backup though, a bit of help from the SAS would be needed to take all of them out in one swoop I fear.

Edited by Lxxx

Perhaps Minster Gawne could start the money saving ball rolling by refusing to accept the Ministerial pay up lift, I know it will not make a lot of difference to the current situation but it would shown willingness to face up to the problems. Thoughts ........

OK let's have all the figures for pay rises in the Private Sector. Including Bonus payment, Incentive payments, lunch allowances etc. or does that come under Mr Teare's ' Sensitive Information ' ? You will find it hard to find anyone on the Manual side of the Public Sector who receives any of these type of ,supplementary payments. " we are all in it together "

People employed in the private sector can have as many bonuses and allowances as their employers sees fit to pay them, it ain't our business as the private sector are going concerns, making money operations.

Errr like the bankers ?

whatever.gif

The public sector on the other hand are just spending money taken from everyone as taxes, there is a huge difference and even then when you take into account pensions, the public sector employee is better off anyway.

The above applies to both manual and office based public sector employees, although you are on very dodgy ground promoting how hard done by the manual PS workers are when on a daily basis we see them mob handed standing watching one of their co-workers wielding a shovel while the rest of them, if there is actually enough room around the hole to fit them all in, watch on, gossiping............

That last paragraph, the 'mob-handed' bit, let me tell you, NOT in my department. It is one where as people have retired, or moved-on, they have never been replaced. The workload has increased and the staff dealing with it have taken it on with barely a grumble. So don't fucking lump us all with that shit.