Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
GD4ELI

Manx Nostalgia

Despite not liking Facebook much I use it to stay in touch with a few people who seem to live their lives there. Anyway, I stumbled across https://www.facebook.com/groups/manxnostalgia/ which is excellent, if there was ever a reason for having a Facebook account then it's this site.

Also there's none of the daft moaners seen on MF blaming come-overs for every sin on the island, none of the pathetic posts seen far too often on MF - instead just intelligent and informed comments.

• Like 3

Despite not liking Facebook much I use it to stay in touch with a few people who seem to live their lives there. Anyway, I stumbled across https://www.facebook.com/groups/manxnostalgia/ which is excellent, if there was ever a reason for having a Facebook account then it's this site.

Also there's none of the daft moaners seen on MF blaming come-overs for every sin on the island, none of the pathetic posts seen far too often on MF - instead just intelligent and informed comments.

I suggest that you refrain from posting on it then.

• Like 1

It's great isn't it? I've found some photos relevant to my family that I never knew existed.

• Like 1

It's great isn't it? I've found some photos relevant to my family that I never knew existed.

I have quite an archive which I'll get scanned in once I have moved back to England.

Indeed - growing up in the 60's and 70's on the IOM was a very pleasant experience.

I regularly go on Manx Nostalgia.

It's the only reason I bother to go on facebook.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

There was a brilliant photo of Quarterbridge Road looking up towards Bray Hill, only one house on the main road. I love looking at all the old photos, even those in the not so distant past.

• Like 1

There's a Ballaugh page too GD I've seen at least one piccy with your mother in it

Edited by piebaps

It's really really good, I found some utterly fantastic bits on there. For example, I didn't know the old swimming pool come bowling alley actually used to be bowling alley originally!

Not being a Facebook follower either, I'll have a look so thanks for the info.

Maybe speak on 2m/70cms, next visit to IOM? Take it your call sign goes back a bit? Has something of 'nostalgia' in the GD4?

What's the chat channel by the way?

Not being a Facebook follower either, I'll have a look so thanks for the info.

Maybe speak on 2m/70cms, next visit to IOM? Take it your call sign goes back a bit? Has something of 'nostalgia' in the GD4?

What's the chat channel by the way?

Hi,

Looks like I've sold my place in Switzerland, next stop is probably Cornwall, not the rock, but we'll see next week.

Turns the expression "nostalgia ain't what it used to be" on its head