Point of Ayre

Bray Hill

Probably been 10 years since I was last up there. So, loaded the bikes up gathered a few snacks and drinks, loaded kids and pupster into car and we were off. Have to say very nice up there except for the rubber johnnies and dog shit everywhere. This has to be one of the gems on our island but to see all this - not very appealing.

The shit (dog or human) is everywhere. The johnnies, some where you can park a car and some littered around the place. As for the location (Point or Rue) it is the whole area, around by both light houses and the tracks. We counted 14 large (would they be Cormorants??) duck sized birds in various locations around the area, all seemed to have their necks attacked! Would/could this be dogs?

The shit (dog or human) is everywhere. The johnnies, some where you can park a car and some littered around the place. As for the location (Point or Rue) it is the whole area, around by both light houses and the tracks. We counted 14 large (would they be Cormorants??) duck sized birds in various locations around the area, all seemed to have their necks attacked! Would/could this be dogs?

Sounds delightful.

I generally remove a bag or two of rubbish from the Ayres whenever I go there, I draw the line at pooh & RJ's though innit? I've never really understood the whole 'sex in car' thing, what is the point? cold, uncomfortable, inconvenient and just a bit 1970s sad.

I suppose it is the only option for teenagers/early 20's still residing with their parents?

We counted 14 large (would they be Cormorants??) duck sized birds in various locations around the area

These would have died as a result of the recent storms and Spring tides. I counted over 12 in January the day after the Ramsey floods - all fresh and not decaying but all broken. Haven't been back since but ringies, gulls and other animals will be having a feast on the corpses.

Didn't see any condoms that time - were they on the beach or well away from the sea? (could they be returned from the flushing out to sea from Ramsey/Peel?)

I generally remove a bag or two of rubbish from the Ayres whenever I go there, I draw the line at pooh & RJ's though innit? I've never really understood the whole 'sex in car' thing, what is the point? cold, uncomfortable, inconvenient and just a bit 1970s sad.

I suppose it is the only option for teenagers/early 20's still residing with their parents?

Or indeed people who have their own place with their partner but fancy shagging somebody else.

We counted 14 large (would they be Cormorants??) duck sized birds in various locations around the area

These would have died as a result of the recent storms and Spring tides. I counted over 12 in January the day after the Ramsey floods - all fresh and not decaying but all broken. Haven't been back since but ringies, gulls and other animals will be having a feast on the corpses.

Didn't see any condoms that time - were they on the beach or well away from the sea? (could they be returned from the flushing out to sea from Ramsey/Peel?)

A while ago, we found lots of dead birds up there and I called the Manx Bird Atlas guy who explained these were birds that lived at sea and would have been killed by an earlier storm. Quite sad though, but that's nature.