Online insurance - a cautionary tale

ballaughbiker

This has been a problem high lighted by watch dog, not only do they charge for changes, like address, phone number, but also for duplicate documents and certificates. Their charges will be stated in the policy documents if you want to look!

Its worth checking the documents, as we do not have MOT's over here, and young drivers learn earlier than the UK.

Its also worth noting, that windscreen cover is a 'difficult' area, some with only cover windscreen as a result of an accident, others will cover you completely, unfortunately, you only find these things out when you have a claim.

Its also worth noting, that windscreen cover is a 'difficult' area, some with only cover windscreen as a result of an accident, others will cover you completely, unfortunately, you only find these things out when you have a claim.

Unless you can read.

• 2 weeks later...

£50 'sincere apology' voucher finally arrived to be spent in-store of course along with a letter of how the 'misunderstanding' happened.

Paraphrasing: "Sorry, our man put in the wrong car purchase date when calculating your premium. We are sorry for his mistake and we've had a word with him".

Our course this isn't what happened at all as the premium after he'd allegedly done this matched, to the penny, my original online quote with the correct purchase date. Economical with the truth doesn't come close and if they do this at the start, just imagine the truth economies you'd be dealing with in a big claim.

Having a sister in law who is a Loss Adjuster, I'm well aware of the truth economies punters tell insurance companies every day but is there any justification to the reciprocal situation? I'm having no more to do with them and their silly clubcard/credit card has been sent back. Mrs Biker still wants to collect points for some strange reason so she will have to sort out a new 'points only' card for that but I'd advise anyone considering insuring their car/home/whatever with this lot to consider what's happened to me. I'll stick with Tower of NFU in future.

That decided, their voucher will be spent without and feelings of hypocrisy because they completely wasted 2 hours of my life whilst trying to argue reason.