A good place to site a mosque?

Albert Tatlock

WARNING

the moderators have received a complaint that some comments on here were defamatory of the owner of the former chapel and his activities as a landlord.

Those posts have been removed/set invisible. Failure to do so could leave the owners/moderators liable to damages in a defamation claim.

Please think before you post allegations of alleged criminality or improper behaviour. if you don't have actual back up and the owner/moderators are asked, or ordered by a court, they have to give up such poster details as they hold.

Quite right John.

I thought the allegations were on the face of it very serious. If there is any substance at all in such allegations then the proper authorities, including the police should be alerted to them. Not Manx Forums.

But the point is that the owner is threatening the neighbours by saying either allow this building to be used as an auction house or I'll sell it for use by a Bradford-based Muslim community? And we all know that all Bradford Muslims are fundamentalist terrorists or at least their mosques are prep schools for Al Qaeda.

It takes all sorts to make a world. Was playing Christmas carols in the Town Band down that street a few years ago. After playing our hearts out for half a dozen numbers, I realised the street lamp we stopped under - purely for convenience - was right outside a house with no Christmas lights or decorations. It turned out that it was a Jehovah's Witness' house.

WARNING

the moderators have received a complaint that some comments on here were defamatory of the owner of the former chapel and his activities as a landlord.

Those posts have been removed/set invisible. Failure to do so could leave the owners/moderators liable to damages in a defamation claim.

Please think before you post allegations of alleged criminality or improper behaviour. if you don't have actual back up and the owner/moderators are asked, or ordered by a court, they have to give up such poster details as they hold.

Seems that similar has happened with comments on the IOM Newspapers website. Comments now switched off on that particular story...I know they were there originally as I read some of the early ones.

I actually find it offensive that anyone would assume Manx people would regard a Muslim school as some sort of threat. We don't. As a Manxman, I will personally be down at the Sea Terminal to welcome them to the island with bunting and lots if balloons and candy to celebrate their arrival. Anybody else is welcome to join me.

Just a general observation, of course; It doesn't make a person any better or any more moral when they hide behind a lawyer.

And another one: Wouldn't it be embarrassing for those who'd consistently ignored them if oft repeated allegations about any individual were eventually proved to be true?

• Like 1

I used to rent a flat on Christian Road from Ian Abrahams. It was a complete dump and absolutely tiny but it was cheap, I paid my rent on time every week and if I had any problems he would sort it out, usually pretty quickly. You can call him a slumlord (As some on this thread have insinuated) but ultimately his prices reflect the size and condition of the property so you get what you pay for. If you want a perfectly presented flat in a nice area then expect to pay a lot more than the £100 a week I was paying for a one bedroom flat.

Also, dealing with him direct meant that I didn't have to come into contact with any estate agents, a nefarious bunch I'd rather avoid.

Just my 2 penneth :-)

I actually find it offensive that anyone would assume Manx people would regard a Muslim school as some sort of threat. We don't. As a Manxman, I will personally be down at the Sea Terminal to welcome them to the island with bunting and lots if balloons and candy to celebrate their arrival. Anybody else is welcome to join me.

I'm sure there'll be thousands there with you, TJ. w00t.gif

That should work. The sight of you doing that will probably make most of the f**kers turn straight around and bugger off home!