Radar Issues Still Outstanding at Ronaldsway.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are where we are, lessons will be learned, look back without staring, looking forward, local spend, payrises and promotions for directresses etc etc.   Buy shares in paint companies now, the dema

Without any doubt a huge amount of extra money has been spent since its installation trying to get it approved, it would be interesting to know who is picking up the tab for this work above budget ?

Vanity + Incompetence maybe? The whole airport is a managerial disaster area.   Actually, just looked up Le Directress' history in the Heimatland again and noticed something that I overlooked last t

Posted Images

On 12/21/2020 at 2:19 PM, asitis said:

Info is, there has been some investigation about his credentials relating to the post .... and some bits have been found wanting ! allegedly !

Don't know how many were interviewed but was he the best ? must have been I guess !

One wishes him well with his mental health problems and it's good that he seems to have found support with friends on the Island - these things can often be worse when you are cut off from your roots.  But if his qualifications are under question it shouldn't really be that surprising, as I wrote a couple of years ago after his appointment:

I find the whole appointment a bit puzzling.  I presumed that Mr Spake must have continued his career in aviation while carrying on the z-list lifestyle of a long-ago reality TV participant (provincial carnivals, charity work, intermittent social media).  I can find some evidence online for the latter, but nothing about any jobs helping run airports - no Linkedin or trade papers stuff. 

Even if he'd been keeping that side of his life low key, you'd have expect it to be pointed to on his appointment, if only to reassure people that he had more qualification than being 'him off the telly'.  The post was advertised in the Spring (closing 22 May) and you'd expect it to be filled with someone doing a similar job at a smaller airport or as a Deputy somewhere. 

If I could find enough to raise queries in a few minutes, what exactly were all those zillions of 'HR professionals' up to.  Aviation is of necessity a very well documented and easy to check up on field and any fake credentials or even just exaggeration on a CV should be easy enough to pick up.  If they didn't check and are now only doing so now because of personal enmities or because they need a fall-guy for someone else's disaster, then any fault really lies with those who appointed him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Past records rarely seem to have any relevance when it comes to appointment in IoMG though? Just off the top of my head we have Reynolds herself and her previous performance in Germany(?), Ian Longworth, Dr. Hohemann at Noble's....I'm sure others could add a few more. Background and previous seem to frequently be at the bottom of the list?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Past records rarely seem to have any relevance when it comes to appointment in IoMG though? Just off the top of my head we have Reynolds herself and her previous performance in Germany(?), Ian Longworth, Dr. Hohemann at Noble's....I'm sure others could add a few more. Background and previous seem to frequently be at the bottom of the list?

You seem to have omitted star performer Mark Charters from your list.

Edited to add - Numbnuts beat me by a nanosecond!

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, lcd said:

sources report the Dr is on leave , acess pass suspended. 

Will give him time to hone his space exploration project for the Island.

But I wish him every best wishes in recovering from his mental health episode.

On 12/25/2020 at 6:59 PM, Non-Believer said:

Sorry I forgot the reply to this at the time, but there were two things that distinguish Spake's appointment from the others mentioned (Reynolds, Longworth, Charters, Hoehmann and so on).  The first is that you could at least find something about their career from searching the internet.  It might not always be encouraging (Reynolds record of closing down airports she ran; Hoehmann being wanted by the police) or it might hint at unsuitability (Charters had run the Education Department of Bexley nothing to do with Health), but it was there.  It was the absence of any Airport-related information, except for appearing in a docusoap of that name, that made Spake's appointment so odd.

The second is that, unlike those, his appointment happened since the creation of the Cabinet Office with its centralised HR Department, allegedly full of 'professionals'.  Indeed one of the reasons given for that creation was to prevent disasters like Hoehmann's appointment happening.  So it suggests that scrutiny has not improved.

• Like 3