Radar Issues Still Outstanding at Ronaldsway.

woolley

We are where we are, lessons will be learned, look back without staring, looking forward, local spend, payrises and promotions for directresses etc etc.

Buy shares in paint companies now, the demand for whitewash has never been higher...

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Like 9

Isn't it time to call in some expensive consultants again?

If I was in charge of the airport , if I presided over a cock-up like this, if I had any self respect, if I felt even a modicum of responsibility .... then ....

I would resign.

Not much chance of that though is there ?

Not on the Isle of Man, no one is ever responsible for anything ....... oh sorry I am wrong ....... the public purse is always responsible, .... for paying for it !

• Like 5

21. The Hon. Member for Malew and Santon (Mr Cregeen) to ask the Minister for Infrastructure – Whether the Airport Radar is functioning properly; whether it has received CAA accreditation; and how much it has cost to date?

Question paper for Oral answer HoKeys 3/2/15

Well as it's on his patch why doesn't he get off his ass and take a little walk up the road to the Airport and summon Miss Reynoldsway to a meeting. Sure she will have the answers. He should have been onto this weeks/months or even years ago.

Because she is probably hiding at the sea terminal now .

The Govt are probably waiting for the CAA to pull the plug on this system and say it cannot be used at any English Airport.

Then we may get all or some of our money back and the Govt will say, HoHo, it was just an experiment all along!!!

• Like 1

It'll be a similar answer to last time, "There is nothing wrong with the new radar. It has the capability to be a perfectly functional radar, with all the latest gadgets. We are pleased that we have the potential to use this new radar. The new radar looks great! You can take really good pictures of the new radar! Birds enjoy perching on the new radar, which of course, has the capability to be fully functional."

• Like 3

Without any doubt a huge amount of extra money has been spent since its installation trying to get it approved, it would be interesting to know who is picking up the tab for this work above budget ?

This time serious questions do need to be asked about how we got here, or it is just another one to add to the litany of government capital expediture shambles which the long suffering general public cannot afford !

It is time government faced facts, the island and more particularly the airport is where it is because of mismanagement and the fact that it keeps happening like Groundhog Day is a disgrace !

• Like 8

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=75139

Utterly incredible Gawne says the airport needs to be put on a more commercial footing ! FFS years ago you knew millions was being lost in inflated wages, you and the directress said so in the paper, meanwhile 14 new management positions have been created (I am reliably informed) , many many millions has been blown on infrastructure we didn't need, nothing has been done to try and solve the issues created by open skies, passenger numbers have crashed, management couldn't run a bath, capital spend projects are a disaster (radar) and now you are trying to drive away the public and taxi operators by petty charging just making life using the facility even more difficult for those that have to. Ye gods can anyone xxxx this up any more !

Start at the top have a cull and get someone in who has a clue ! the public are not going to tolerate this waste of public money for much longer !

Time for coffee rant over !

• Like 5