Sunday morning 3FM

It's not so much the mugshots, it is the faux bonhomie of the commentry. "the ox never sleeps because he's has to be up early catching the wave - the wave of micro blogging social media presence management, gnarly dude!"

Its because their target market is retarded marketing managers who work for dull companies and simple shit like posting info on facebook or twitter or just following every fucker in the hope that you get a follow back is apparently too hip for them to jive so they have to get some young hipsters by that I mean 40 year olds pretending to be children to do it for them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brilliant! I'm now totally convinced by your PR skills and social media guru status. Perhaps you could help me?   Someone has made a humourous aside about my company on a Social Media. How should I

So Declan. You hide behind your pathetic non de plume slagging off anything that your miserable lack of intelligence cannot comprehend without any understanding or consideration of what that company i

Your expertise is social media?

I don't really listen to local radio apart from the news, but when out in the car with kids 3Fm is far more preferable for music and as it run without state handouts does a good job with part time broadcasters, Manx Radio on the other hand has how much money pumped in and how many managers and still outputs drivel.

Edited by j2bad
  • Like 1

I don't really listen to local radio apart from the news, but when out in the car with kids 3Fm is far more preferable for music and as it run without state handouts does a good job with part time broadcasters, Manx Radio on the other hand has how much money pumped in and how many managers and still outputs drivel.

I don't think I've ever heard anything on MR as bad as what I wasusbjected to on Sunday morning, honestly

I don't think I've ever heard anything on MR as bad as what I wasusbjected to on Sunday morning, honestly

If he somehow managed to be more excremental than Alex Brindley then I imagine MR will probably try and poach him.

I see 'The Boys (the usual posters) are back in town'

I really don't feel Alex needs defending.....except to say that he's a hard working broadcaster who, unfortunately in his early, formative years did not receive the guidance he deserved and should have been given.

The two individuals tasked over his early years by management to teach him how to avoid the usual pitfalls/naive bad habits, of talking too much/belly laughing after trying to be a comedian with 'iffy', sometimes tasteless humour, were either unable, because they themselves really didn't have the 'ability' to do so, or were too concerned with protecting their own position (promoted beyond their talents) to care for anyone else but themselves.

An honest potential never fully realised through lack of care.

However, for all those armchair (anonymous) critics I will say, why not try broadcasting yourself.... it's so easy isn't it...but mind your ego.

Edited by Sentience

I see 'The Boys (the usual posters) are back in town'

I really don't feel Alex needs defending.....except to say that he's a hard working broadcaster who, unfortunately in his early, formative years did not receive the guidance he deserved and should have been given.

The two individuals tasked over his early years by management to teach him how to avoid the usual pitfalls/naive bad habits, of talking too much/belly laughing after trying to be a comedian with 'iffy', sometimes tasteless humour, were either unable, because they themselves really didn't have the 'ability' to do so, or were too concerned with protecting their own position (promoted beyond their talents) to care for anyone else but themselves.

An honest potential never fully realised through lack of care.

However, for all those armchair (anonymous) critics I will say, why not try broadcasting yourself.... it's so easy isn't it...but mind your ego.

Blimey. With friends like you...................

I do actually like Alex, but I can see where you are coming from particularly with some of the (very) poor taste innuendo. And he is awfully repetitive on music selection. But he does project a happy atmosphere and makes it sound easy and like he cares about what he's doing.

Sorry to hear he's been ill, hope he is fully recovered and as you say. It ain't as easy as you think.

He does thankfully seem to be finally on the road to recovery.

I do consider myself to be a friend, and as such offer my honest observations that because the very necessary regular critiquing was sadly lacking, he, like many others in this industry developed idiosyncrasies that made him an easy target for MF's 'armchair warriors'.

I have personally witnesses the passionate care and attention he puts into his programme and does not deserve this 'getting down and dirty' very personal attacks he has had to endure.

It was all the result of certain individuals in a position to, who could have helped, either not understanding the importance of, or not capable of, or actually choosing to (for whatever rational) ignore that all important nurturing process.

Edited by Sentience

So Declan. You hide behind your pathetic non de plume slagging off anything that your miserable lack of intelligence cannot comprehend without any understanding or consideration of what that company is actually doing? Hey, that's a class act...I'm impressed!

Actually, Home Strategic grew from nothing to ultimately employ 25 local people (yep, all Manx Residents) in theirspecific areas. They are all fully employed - working with over 150 local companies. The company also brings in over 50% of its turnover from off Island. All of which contributes to our amazing Island - and its economy. Yet you have the gall to sit there and slag it off. What have you done? Other than sit behind your ridiculous alter ego? Yep, that's right...sweet FA!

Why don't you call in one day - I would be very happy to show you how modern PR (and strategic marketing in general) is helping many local companies to increase their turnover and profitability, ensuring they maintain their local employment and contribution to the local economy.

And finally, ask any one of our team and see what they think about being presented in 'that way'... go back to your cave, the world has moved on from your archaic standards.

Give me a call - 610121, and ask for Steve. Let's see if you're all mouth and no substance. Then, when you've seen our business first hand, you can make a slightly more informed comment.

• Like 3

Wow, what a bizarre thread. Only on Manx forums could the ill-informed bigoted opinion on a DJ, who's accent invokes such a hateful response from the OP, be ignored in favour of ridiculing the company that employs him.

The low sniping isn't worth engaging with, smacks of Manx Crab to me. But I will say one thing. I am one of the happily employed Manx residents on Home's profiles page. I'm very happy to be there, and to be portrayed like that.

"Faux bonhomie" is rather offensive to me. I feel very lucky to be able to work in such a genuinely supportive, kind and positive company. There is such an interesting mix of brilliant individuals who collectively take their jobs very seriously, how lovely that their employers recognise that their individuality and uniqueness are worth shouting about.

And it's funny! :-)

I think Declan should take Steve up on his offer - Home is a pretty unique and interesting place. And if in 2014 you really can't understand the power of Social Media, it's about time you caught up!

If you do pop in, I'll even make you a coffee.

Brian.x

• Like 2

Brilliant! I'm now totally convinced by your PR skills and social media guru status. Perhaps you could help me?

Someone has made a humourous aside about my company on a Social Media. How should I react?

• Like 3

The company I work for has used Home and they are very well thought of. The rise of social media has given the likes of 'Manx Crabs', consultants 'between projects', etc, etc. a platform to offer us their valuable input.

Hey Brian, why isn't your picture on that page?

Discrimination isn't on man, even if you are only the tea boy*. ;)

*I'm sure you're not just the tea boy, just trying to lighten the mood a little, no offence intended. :)