Would you expect to get service at the southern show, where there is a field that normally has no one in it, which for a couple of days a year has thousands all trying to get service?

Thousands of people is quite an inflated figure though. While I'm sure that there were thousands there throughout the day, I don't imagine there were thousands there at any one time but for arguments sake, let's say 2000. And out of the number of people that were there, how many of them were carrying Sure mobiles? In February, MT claimed to have 76% of the mobile market share. So lets say 3/4 for simplicity.

Lets make an assumption that only half of those 2000 were actually carrying a mobile, which I don't think is unreasonable considering the number of children, older people and general demographic.

So out of the 1000 guestimated peak mobile users, only 250 of them would be expected to be Sure customers.

There's a lot of assumptions there but I don't think I'm too far off the mark. So would I expect a mobile service to give me a good signal when I'm sharing a mast with around 250 other people? Yes. Definitely.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOVE being Sure!

I think both networks are overloaded with TT visitors. In the last few days I've had several missed call notifications on my Sure phone, and also people saying that they've rung my MT phone and it's

I've been on a cruise around Europe with my family and neither my wife nor I could connect to any cellular network whilst roaming. Raised a complaint with sure saying it was urgent in case my wife and

I am going mental because of Sure, yesterday I needed to make a little bank transfer to the mini bee to save her £40 (or whatever the banks charge for going £2.50 over drawn these days) one minute I had no internet, the next the phone said 3G, then it went back to no signal, when it came back on there was an E where the 3G had been, resulting in 3/4 of an hour spent trying to access my bank on the phone to no avail - I am demented with it, I'm getting cut off during most calls, the reception is utterly shit when I do get through to people. My poor phone is getting the blame all the time "Stupid phone, what is the point of you?" when really its stupid Sure and their crappy service, they're getting a visit tomorrow.

If they're busy upgrading, it could be that they're basically ignoring their existing kit and therefore it's causing the problems people are facing now. Hopefully the switch to 4G will fix other things because it drives me mad too, especially compared to when I'm in the UK with O2 and have reliable signal everywhere.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to drag this topic up again but I am considering moving to Sure from MT, due mainly to MT's high cost of data on PAYG and better flexibility on free calls. Is anyone still experiencing signal problems or have they been improved?

Many thanks for any advice

I am on Sure and my signal is great, it doesn't matter where I have used it in the last two weeks that I have had the phone, I had some trouble only getting used to the phone, but I just call into the shop, they couldn't be more helpful, it's only a matter of talking to them.

Now I'm waiting for my landline to switch over to Sure calls, oh and I was having a bit of trouble with my router, its a an old model, so I went in this morning to see the teco chap, couldn't be more helpful took just 15 mins to reset it, as I was getting too much drop out, now it seems to be ok.

• Like 1

As some people are aware, Sure have different mobile sites to MT so some places are better with sure and some better with MT. Your best bet is to get a PAYG sim with a fiver credit and try it for a few days, then if you are happy you could have your MT number transferred to the sure SIM. Although sure is less time for your topup you get a lot more for your money and it is more straight cut you get what is advertised not hidden behind terms and conditions.

• Like 1