Police at jewellers on Prospect Hill

Thomas Jefferson

And much of that involves firearms.

great idea, ban handguns, but they did that (because of one loony killer) and instantly killed an olympic sport in GB, enjoyed by thousands, and made illegal ownership of handguns jump from a small figure to 100% laugh.png

I agree that the UK ban was a very misguided knee jerk reaction but the ownership of hand guns is permitted for sporting target shooters on the Isle of Man and many of the UK pistol shooters now visit the island to shoot competitively

There are very strict regulations about the place and type of storage of these weapons are kept in but this doesn't persuade me to accept that everyone should have the automatic right to keep firearms in their home or business address on the basis of self defence as TJ has suggested.

And much of that involves firearms.

great idea, ban handguns, but they did that (because of one loony killer) and instantly killed an olympic sport in GB, enjoyed by thousands, and made illegal ownership of handguns jump from a small figure to 100% laugh.png

I agree that the UK ban was a very misguided knee jerk reaction but the ownership of hand guns is permitted for sporting target shooters on the Isle of Man and many of the UK pistol shooters now visit the island to shoot competitively

There are very strict regulations about the place and type of storage of these weapons are kept in but this doesn't persuade me to accept that everyone should have the automatic right to keep firearms in their home or business address on the basis of self defence as TJ has suggested.

it put the mockers on most of the Island's pistol shooting as a lot used to take part in the NSRA national pistol league, which just collapsed, I used to shoot in a team which was well up in division 4 (top 30-40 teams in UK), and there's little incentive to carry on if there's little competition, and to keep on form or improve you have to shoot at least twice a week, not just every few weeks/months :-(

It seems strangely convenient how he was able to rob that bike just in time for the robbery. Did it get robbed on the day in question? And did the owner just leave the keys in it ready to be robbed?

If it was a motocross bike then it wouldn't need a key to start it.