Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Whatsername

Simon Andrews

A very sad loss. A nice guy by all accounts too.

I didn't know the chap, but this strikes me as a good take on road racing.

• Like 4

Stu

I di not know either but I am not sure that a topic which is essentially expressing condolences is the place to post articles or comments anti in favour or anti road racing even if they do reference the individual as all you do is encourage a discussion on the merits of such racing which is not what the topic is about.

• Like 1

LL I can see where you are coming from but, having lost my best friend in a 'racing incident", I would prefer to read the sentiments expressed in Stu's post rather than negative comments .

My sympathies and thoughts are with the family and friends of Simon at this sad time.

• Like 1

LL I can see where you are coming from but, having lost my best friend in a 'racing incident", I would prefer to read the sentiments expressed in Stu's post rather than negative comments .

My sympathies and thoughts are with the family and friends of Simon at this sad time.

I understand but I thought that Stu's posting was potentially an opening to invite negative posts. I have to admit I read the link and immediatly had a question/comment which presently I have not posted that would not have arisen otherwise.

Apologies - didn't intend anything other than to let someone else answer maybe the question 'why do they do it'.

Apologies - didn't intend anything other than to let someone else answer maybe the question 'why do they do it'.

They do it because it's there. Oh hang on, that's the other one. Although when you think about it, what's the difference?

Stu, I see no problem with the article you linked being posted on this thread. In my view it doesn't in any way invite negative or anti racing comment.

• Like 3

It's a forum for discussion - it seems ridiculous to demand that we run 2 threads about one person just so one thread can be dedicated to saying we're sorry he's passed away?

Roads and BSB stars say goodbye to Simon Andrews

Stars of BSB and road racing turned out in force yesterday at Worcester Cathedral to say their final goodbye to Simon Andrews.

John McGuinness, James Ellison, Tommy Bridewell, Michael Rutter, Scott Smart, Gary Mason, Glen Richards, Howie Mainwaring, Billy McConnell, David Johnson, Julien Da Costa, Neil Tuxworth, Nick Morgan, Stuart Higgs and Mervyn Whyte were among the attendees at Simon’s funeral.

In a moving service, father Stuart and best friend Charlie Aitchison gave eulogies while tributes from Andy Breakwell and Simon’s brother James were read by the Rev Richard Court.

Rev Court also gave announced that four people’s lives had been saved by the donation of Simon’s organs following his death at the North West 200.

• Like 1