Health minister opposes cannabis rethink

thesultanofsheight

Well good post Roxanne :))

Everyone is bored of the police busting pot heads Thommo - it is a waste of time and lives. I am really angry about this bust (100% nothing to do with me - do not know those involved etc etc)

• Like 2

I am sure there has been a few high profile cases of paedophiles being sent down the ag was done for perjury if you know of people commiting the crimes you describe get in touch with the police and inform them. As for this story it is illegal the people involved took the chance and were caught thats life dont see the neef to get angry about it.

Well good post Roxanne smile.png)

Everyone is bored of the police busting pot heads Thommo - it is a waste of time and lives. I am really angry about this bust (100% nothing to do with me - do not know those involved etc etc)

Not everyone as I am not.

Simple answer then dont do criminal acts and you wont get a criminal record.

Did they ever catch the person who criminally stole £30k from B&Q? they have no criminal record, so thats not really true is it?

I couldn't care less about my criminal record, in fact I am proud of it - oppressed by a fascist regime and its tools, (which makes you a tool, innit?)

I dont know if that person was caught the fact you keep banging on about it suggests not maybe that person did have a criminal record Again not something I overly concern myself with. As for calling me names well done hope it makes you feel better but still the point stands dont want a criminal record dont get caught commiting criminal acts.

So they were not caught. Banging on about it? It is one of many unsolved proper crimes in the Isle of Man, I bang on about the mayoresss' chain too, want to get someone round to question me about that? Hell, why not just pin every unsolved crime on me? I'm not overly busy at the moment.

Tool is one of the nicer names I can think of for you, take it as a compliment.

Lost login, your opinion is about as well thought out as the law so, wish wash whatever.

Lost login, your opinion is about as well thought out as the law so, wish wash whatever.

You might not agree with my opinion or the arguments I put forward, just as I do not agree with yours, however they are views expresed my many others. I am perfectly prepared to listen to arguments in favour of legalisation and I have said I am potentially in favour of legalisation in certain circumstances. My views can also be changed if my concerns etc can be argued away.

I like to hear to rational alternative arguments that are backed by facts especially when there is a strong divergence of opinion. You appear to be in favour of full legalisation and that anything that is in agreement with that is fine, but anything else that is contradictory is wrong and you simply dismiss as you know better. Different people and professionals have different views. Simply telling those that do not agree with your view that they are wrong does nothing to actually explain why an alternative view would be better.

As a simple example those in favour forever state Cannabis is basically harmless and especially when compared to alcohol. Well firstly the Royal College of Phsyciatry does not agree. Now I am pepared to disregard that if can be shown conclusivly that their view is wrong and way. Just stating is not harmfull is not going to make me go "oh yeah you're right" Secondly in the statistics about the harm that alcohol causes Professor included deaths from driving whilst under the influence etc. He also did not show the statistic a per '000 of a population. They were deliberatly skewed. In the USA one of the States reckons that soon, because of the lergalisation of cannabis, deaths from driving whilst impaired through legalised drug(not alcohol)taking will exceed the deaths from drunk driving. Now explain to me why these statements are incorrect and that Cannabis is harmless as people do not cause or have accidents whilst stoned and I will be more inclined to come around to your way of thinking. Just saying they are wrong does not provide explanation.

I could continually say the sun is cracking the flags in Douglas today. Continually stating that even if I believe it does not necessarily make it true

• Like 1

Joke - so one week the CM is saying it is time to relax the laws (rightly so) the next the police are ruining peoples days/lives and stealing their pot. It is a disgrace and totally ridiculous.

The CM said it was time for a discussion, and that it was his personal view that making criminals out of some offenders wasn't the way to deal with them.

He did not say that dealing and smuggling should be legal. I don't see how you can link the two stories at all.

If this was chasing people with the odd spliff I might agree with you but £110k worth of drugs isn't the annoying persecution of 'some pot heads'.

If it was legal there would be no need for a couple of lads to import it on some fishing boat. Would be locally grown and sold, eliminating scenarios like this.

And please dont be fooled by the 'street' value of £110k. Its a lot less.