Health minister opposes cannabis rethink

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A welcome announcement from Bell, unusually. Is he trying to carve himself a new legacy? Instead of being remembered as Bell the Bastard, Tangerine Emperor, will be Bell the Bongmaster, Liberator of t

Can not believe my eyes, Allan Bell said this? Our very own CM? Concur that this is the first sensible thing dat man eva muttered.   110% for legalising I am, seen many people taking all kinds of th

Emptying my greenhouse as I speak, sod the tomatoes and chillies, now where did I put my Bob Marley cd's !

Posted Images

My thoughts:

I would be very upset if anyone close to me became a stoner because of a change in legislation, in fact, I would not be happy if the total number of stoners in the general population increased because of a change in legislation either. My view is that stoners are really boring people who are as just as socially undesirable as alkies.

Your exposure to 'Stoners' is very limited it seems.

Hugh Hefner, Robert Downey Jr, Johnney Depp, Seth Mac Farlane, Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt and of course Willy Nelson....all socially undesirable, boring indivduals.

Your trolling needs more work ;)

• Like 2

That it will cause severe damage to young and not fully developed minds is a fact.

A criminal record is more damaging potentially. If they're going to smoke it anyway, it's better if they're not made a criminal.

>It is actually things like the call to legalise drugs that makes me glad that I'm near the end of my life. The thought of watching the inevitable deterioration of society in the years ahead, of life becoming little more than an interference in people's illusions, is not something I'd really want to stay and watch.

I wish you all happiness in your soma-coated brave new world.

You're coming down a little hard on what is a relatively mild narcotic. Have you actually tried the stuff?

Yes, I have tried it. I have also seen and tried to help deal with, some young people whose lives were virtually destroyed by it.

My thoughts:

I would be very upset if anyone close to me became a stoner because of a change in legislation, in fact, I would not be happy if the total number of stoners in the general population increased because of a change in legislation either. My view is that stoners are really boring people who are as just as socially undesirable as alkies.

Your exposure to 'Stoners' is very limited it seems.

Hugh Hefner, Robert Downey Jr, Johnney Depp, Seth Mac Farlane, Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt and of course Willy Nelson....all socially undesirable, boring indivduals.

Your trolling needs more work wink.png

I've only met two of the individuals you named in your list - and I'd agree with your 'assessment' of them. Mentioning the obnoxious creep that is hugh hefner doesn't exactly further your argument either.

• Like 2

Yes, I have tried it. I have also seen and tried to help deal with, some young people whose lives were virtually destroyed by it.

Can you give some more details on how that happened?

It would be difficult without breaking confidences. I'm afraid people will have to either accept my word on what I've seen and experienced or else dismiss me as a liar. I don't much care, TBH; I know what I've seen - in particular seeing young people become addicted to cannabis (although a million experts will swear on a million bibles that no one becomes 'addicted' to it!) and descend into a form of paranoia that made them virtually unreachable.

And before anyone tries to use it as a 'counter' argument; yes, I've also seen young lives destroyed by alcohol and other 'recreational' drugs.

• Like 1

Wouldn't some of these young people who have had their lives supposedly destroyed by 'it' have had their lives destroyed anyway, for a number of reasons.

'It' just happens to have been some sort of factor in their lifes 'destruction'.

Meeting them in a crowded pub whilst filming here, or being a unit driver on a film they were in hardly makes you friends Lonan, most of the above have led extremely interesting lives surrounded by extremely interesting people doing interesting things.

'Stoners' over here come from a vast spectrum of backgrounds from Teachers, Doctors, Lawyers, Labourers and even Policemen (or women) and certainly do not fit into a 'Stoner' Pigeon Hole.

Basically bad trolling from Freggragh and Lemons from you because Johnny Depp probably told you to cock off when you asked for an autograph ;)

Basically bad trolling from Freggragh and Lemons from you because Johnny Depp probably told you to cock off when you asked for an autograph wink.png

Yeah, it's bollocks. It's like saying everyone who drinks is an alcoholic. Without any specifics on why cannabis specifically led down the path of doom it looks like he's just making it up to make it look worse than it is.

Having carefully considered the evidence and examined the most recent posts of Silentbob and Slim - other than being prepared to say that I've never asked anyone for an autograph since the time when I was at primary school and used to swap TT autographs for cricket cards - I'm not prepared to comment further.

Naturally, in the finest traditions of Manx forums you will maintain your positions regardless of anything that anyone says (you both have extensive records for doing exactly that in many other threads on other subjects), therefore it is a complete waste of time trying to change minds that lack the ability to do so.

I've already said that you may, if you wish, simply consider me a liar. If such an insult came from anyone I had respect for, I would be unhappy - but you can both say whatever you wish.

As for the more intelligent and reasonable response from 'steven !' the answer must ultimately be that no one can know for certain. Most of the blame in the primary case I'm thinking of can be placed on parents who believed it was their god-given right to smoke cannabis themselves and to provide both that - and other things - for their children because 'everyone knows it's harmless.'

• Like 2

Having carefully considered the evidence and examined the most recent posts of Silentbob and Slim - other than being prepared to say that I've never asked anyone for an autograph since the time when I was at primary school and used to swap TT autographs for cricket cards - I'm not prepared to comment further.

I'm not calling you a liar, and I am genuinely interested in how lives can be ruined. My point about alcoholics stands though. I'm sure we all know people who's lives have been ruined by booze, but does that mean booze should be illegal?
  • Like 1
The lacelot he is referring to ...it's from 2007 and talks about young people. 

And Savitex....."It is developed from a single hybrid which is 98% thc (the one that gets you high) ignoring all the other cannabinoids especially cbd. that david watson aka sam the skunk man developed the strain for them to use. gw pharma was founded in 1998 and in the same year they got the only licence to grow from seed in this country even though the govt said it has no medical benefits, they now grow 90 tons of skunk so high in thc it would have you peeping through the curtains too frightened to go outside. surely with all the millions of growers in the world creating strain after strain and picking each for their own different benefits such as charlottes web for the epileptic kids is far better than a big pharma pushing the horrible sativex on everybody which is virtually just a single cannibinoid out of at least 85."

Not only that but also KB, BC & AB(cm) made excellent points which have been totally overlooked by any form of local media (that I am aware of...).

Juan Watterson made a funny joke about a joint, pass me a sick bag.

Hmmm...I dunno, I was just pressing buttons.

I'm not calling you a liar, and I am genuinely interested in how lives can be ruined. My point about alcoholics stands though. I'm sure we all know people who's lives have been ruined by booze, but does that mean booze should be illegal?

I've already pointed out that such a suggestion is the customary and familiar diversionary tactic employed by the smokers and their supporters.

Alcohol is currently legal - this thread is NOT about criminalising anything that is currently legal.

Cannabis is currently illegal - this thread IS about proposals to de-criminalise it.