The World Cup

The Sick Moon

Yes, Wrighty, I would, I think it is the thin end of the wedge, and before we know it the game will stop every few minutes for some grubby little man in a video van to watch replays.

And the ball didn't cross the line after it hit the keeper.

Oh, dear! Yet again the Evertonian bitter-blue turns a deeper shade of envious green.whatever.gif

Who said I was an Evertonian?

Chuckle...

TBT.

You clearly have a deep hatred of Liverpool, so you're either an Evertonian or a Man U supporter.

"Deep hatred"...surely not; that's ma-in-law territory and (in contrast) The Reds are always good for a laugh.

Remember Hodgson paying £4 1/2 million for defensive midfielder Christian Poulsen?

Not sure how long you spent in training doc, but I doubt even your skills could have cured that bad back...

TBT.

Yes, Wrighty, I would, I think it is the thin end of the wedge, and before we know it the game will stop every few minutes for some grubby little man in a video van to watch replays.

And the ball didn't cross the line after it hit the keeper.

And you know that how?

Now that all the big games are covered by multiple cameras it seems ridiculous not to use video technology. It makes a mockery of the game when the ref has not given a goal and all around the stadium on big screens they show replays with the goal clearly in. It seems to work in tennis, cricket and rugby and it doesn't hold the games up appreciably. Photo finishes have been used in athletics and horse racing for years. Stewards use video replays in motor sports. Do you really think that the world's most important sport (in terms of popularity, finance, numbers of participants... - please don't derail by saying that American Football is richer, or that more Chinese play table tennis or something) should be left behind and still rely of the opinion of one man in the middle, who could relatively easily be bribed?

And why a 'grubby little man in a video van'? Using such dismissive language to further your own argument really is quite poor.

A photo-finish is at the end of the race, not whilst the race is in progress.

Football is a dynamic free flowing sport, it shouldn't have to stop and wait for a decision to come from on high. The most exciting times are when one team attacks, the attack breaks down and the other team breaks. Imagine the striker for the first team falls over in the box, should the break stop whilst some ex-pro looks at the possible penalty from every angle?

Besides football isn't a science, half the fun is shouting at the ref, and arguing about what the score should have been the next day.

No I'm not. It's clear from the film that the ball didn't cross the line after it hit the keeper, no confusion. Pierce's confusion was different, he didn't understand that the machine was required to make two decisions. It got the first one right, and the second one wrong.

Serves him right, he's been campaigning with the rest of BBC sport for this useless technology for years.

No I'm not. It's clear from the film that the ball didn't cross the line after it hit the keeper, no confusion. Pierce's confusion was different, he didn't understand that the machine was required to make two decisions. It got the first one right, and the second one wrong.

Serves him right, he's been campaigning with the rest of BBC sport for this useless technology for years.

Declan, it was over the line. There is another angle looking along the line from above the corner flag (roughly) and it is clear the ball crossed the line. The technology got the decision right. It was the decision to stick both the reviews up on the screen in the stadium that caused the delay as the Honduras players argued it was not in.

• Like 1