Mad Cat Woman Sanctuary

if you can't even read the original post and repeat the information correctly why should your post be valued?

In any case if the police were called and nothing else was done why on earth should there now be a witch hunt where people not committing crimes in the eyes of the police should be named?

Sounds like East Germany 1970 not East Santon 2014

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why drivel? If some dicks bang about with bb guns and as a result pellets start to rain down on unsuspecting third parties, then a rant about that seems in order. If that had been some kids on an esta

Dear me...whatever next?  

Cat sanctuary worker accuses people of breaking the law, police investigate and find nothing illegal, end of story.   Once a shotgun cartridge is fired the pellets spread and slow rapidly. Individu

Posted Images

@ Helix

Sorry - it did cross my mind that you might be referring to the shooting of longtails, but given the usual forum banter ....!

To explain my comment, longtails are vermin and cause untold damage, so do need to be controlled.

Personally I would prefer that any animal - even longtails - have a quick, clean death.

I don't consider poison does this, so I am happy for them to either be shot or for them to be swiftly dispatched by an efficient terrier

• Like 1

if you can't even read the original post and repeat the information correctly why should your post be valued?

In any case if the police were called and nothing else was done why on earth should there now be a witch hunt where people not committing crimes in the eyes of the police should be named?

Indiscriminate shooting and the police turning a blind eye does sound like East Germany in the 1970's.

People using their democratic right to protest doesn't sound very Soviet.

Not everything that's wrong is a crime and asking for these people to be named seems reasonable. If they've done nothing wrong they can put their side of the story.

• Like 1

@ Helix

Sorry - it did cross my mind that you might be referring to the shooting of longtails, but given the usual forum banter ....!

To explain my comment, longtails are vermin and cause untold damage, so do need to be controlled.

Personally I would prefer that any animal - even longtails - have a quick, clean death.

I don't consider poison does this, so I am happy for them to either be shot or for them to be swiftly dispatched by an efficient terrier

Many animals cause large amounts of damage - humans especially! It seems strange that you single out longtails alone.

Poison isn't quick, but so far as we know it's painless. The animal just sorta slows down and stops. Most of them are anti-coagulants, and work by stopping little internal tears from clotting, so the animal bleeds internally to death. They don't really show any distress, so it's assumed that they don't notice.

As for being dispatched by another animal, I'm not sure running for your life and then being chewed to death fits your requirement of quick and clean!

• Like 1

Indiscriminate shooting and the police turning a blind eye does sound like East Germany in the 1970's.

People using their democratic right to protest doesn't sound very Soviet.

Not everything that's wrong is a crime and asking for these people to be named seems reasonable. If they've done nothing wrong they can put their side of the story.

why on earth should they have to?

if you are doing something legally but someone decides they don't like it and make up a load of rubbish then why should you be forced to publically justify what you're doing when the law don't have a problem with it?

• Like 1

The Isle of Man where you can....shoot a gun at cats and kids, oooh I've seen a film similar to this, Hunter Games iirc.

you mean hunger games.... and you've got about as firm a grip on reality as the mann cat sanctuary woman

if you are doing something legally but someone decides they don't like it and make up a load of rubbish then why should you be forced to publically justify what you're doing when the law don't have a problem with it?

Why shouldn't they? Are you saying people should be allowed to fire guns across roads onto other's property?

How do we know "the law" don't have a problem with it?

@ Helix

I'm not sure how some tossers shooting gulls has turned into some longtail hugging scenario but hey ho!

I would agree with you if we were talking about foxes, stags, bunnies or hares being chased before being chewed to death, however that isn't the case with a terrier and a long tail as I'm sure TBT can confirm.

On the poison front, its not only the fact that it kills mice and longtails, if owls and hen harriers eat the poisoned vermin it also kills them, never mind the danger to dogs and cats.

What about the danger of Weil's Disease to humans and leptospirosis to dogs?

Seriously, its a longtail!

Edited by JessTickle

Why shouldn't they? Are you saying people should be allowed to fire guns across roads onto other's property?

How do we know "the law" don't have a problem with it?

What I'm saying is there's no proof that they did shoot guns across roads onto others property but the person making the complaint has said that after calling the police nothing happened. If they were committing a crime with a gun and the police were called I can't envisage a scenario (except some crazy conspiracy theory) where the cops would have just let it go.

Are you suggesting that if the police don't satisfy your complaint then a public explanation is the next logical step for all cases?