How old is old and what is young?

As it's my birthday today flowers.gif I like to think 'mature' rather than old and I stopped counting the years long ago, I'm just me.

Inside I'm 38 and although bits and bobs may get older, people are more than the sum of their parts, whatever their age.

I'm 56, soon 57 and feel just as I did thirty years ago. Could well be a mainly stress-free life, good health (and good luck with health) and looking after myself.

I read that as "I feel just as dirty as I did years ago" then did a double take. Phew. Thought you were turning into a dirty old man there GD4.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Young is when you know nothing of sex and therefore it provokes no reaction in the body. Old is when you know all about sex and therefore it provokes no reaction in the body

As it's my birthday today I like to think 'mature' rather than old and I stopped counting the years long ago, I'm just me.   Inside I'm 38 and although bits and bobs may get older, people are more

You know you're old when you have dry dreams and wet farts...       Youth- such a shame it's wasted on the young.

How old is old and what is young?

I have been wondering a bit about this question for some time now.

I mean how do you measure this and from what perspective should one begi?

I've heard two phrases on the subjedt - your're as aold as you feel or, you're as old as the woman you feel!...

As it's my birthday today flowers.gif I like to think 'mature' rather than old and I stopped counting the years long ago, I'm just me.

Inside I'm 38 and although bits and bobs may get older, people are more than the sum of their parts, whatever their age.

Sad I know but - I've waited a while for this moment... Every day on the radio (well, most days) they do the whole 'if it's your birthday today, you share it with XYZ celebrity' well, toiday Addie you share your birthday with Jason Quinn from 3FM!!! wink.png

I think sex has much to do with it. Sexually active people seem to retain a youthfulness

Fancy a shag then?

Sad I know but - I've waited a while for this moment... Every day on the radio (well, most days) they do the whole 'if it's your birthday today, you share it with XYZ celebrity' well, toiday Addie you share your birthday with Jason Quinn from 3FM!!! wink.png

So we share our birthdays with an XYZ celebrity, do we Mission? So why do I get a 'celebrity' I've never even heard of? wink.png

Further to an extensive 3 second search, I find that I share my day with the likes of the admirable and sackclothed "Ewostatewos" and the delightfully named "Juan Ponce de Leon" and the unpronounceable "Hassabal Bolkiah Mu'izzadin Waddaulah". However, the best of all, one indefatigable "Emmeline Pankhurst".

• Like 1

The ones they are catching now are nearer 80, but their transgressions date back 50 or 60 years.

When you are 20, juniors look at you and think you are old.

As you age, it seems that the police force have started to recruit from the kindergarten.

You know you are old when you go to more funerals than weddings.

You know you're old when you have dry dreams and wet farts...

Youth- such a shame it's wasted on the young.

That is also a line in a very funny song (in my opinion) called " My dicks on the dole" by Kevin Bloody Wilson

• 7 months later...