Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
tameelf

BABYLON IS FALLEN

She didn't actually accuse TJ though, she just implied. Looked flippant and jokey to me, I didn't see it as an 'official mod investigation' or anything like that.

Also, TJ's an annoying sock puppet abuser, you don't need to be a mod to see that, cut her a break?

• Like 1

Gladys, you made no claim, but you insinuated a connection. Plus as a mod you have privileges over knowing IP addresses which mean you have no need for such speculations if the same IPs are being used.

With power comes responsibility and mods have to be careful with their insinuations as people will be people and presume there is more behind them than just normal gossip.

As ever people do like to know when people are using sock puppets and their use and attempts to discover them definitely add to the agro on the forum.

Edited to add who I am addressing!

nice post x

Believe me, Chinahand, I remember odd turns of phrase much more readily than IP addresses and I made the comment regardless of being a Mod and without reference to any privileged information. It was meant as a jokey flippant remark as Slim suggests.

I really don't understand TJ's outrage.

Few people do!

The trouble is you're marked as a mod now ... life on the forums is different for you now. Your quips and off the cuff remarks will be over analysed and cause you all sorts of difficulties from now on.

Goes with the territory!

Edited by Chinahand

The mods on this site, or ie at least John Wright, Amadeus and Gladys, just can't resist petty accusations of sock puppetry which even when false are bound to carry more weight of truth in them thanks to the information one assumes they are privy to that the rest of us aren't. Why do they do it? In my case, it's because they are missing their mental buddy who self destructed so publicly on here and they blame me for their loss. Mods should rise above it, but I suppose petty is as petty does. They're only human after all.

The over analysis is in the second half of your post, not the first.

Accusations of over analysis by Chinahand of all people. It gets more surreal every day on here. Why do you think they do it then?

Believe me, Chinahand, I remember odd turns of phrase much more readily than IP addresses and I made the comment regardless of being a Mod and without reference to any privileged information. It was meant as a jokey flippant remark as Slim suggests.

I wasn't outraged. My response was also a "jokey flippant" one, although I was also setting the record straight that "Paul's Got Wright" is not me.

Why do they do it? In my case, it's because they are missing their mental buddy who self destructed so publicly on here and they blame me for their loss.

Why would they miss him? He's only been gone since yesterday.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

I'm still waiting for Gladys to retract her below the belt and totally unproven claim that Paul's Got Wright is me.

Why would she retract? This thread gives a bit of the impression that you, he and Chinahand are quite possibly the same people arguing amongst yourselves. I also get the feeling we may be related. Have we similar characteristics do you think? Do you know a Dee Cee?

Edited by DeeCee

TSM, TJ and china hand. Get a grip. A poster uses Walter as a substitute for wanker. Only one other poster that ive seen does that. Gladys speculates. It's nothing to do with ip addresses. We don't accuse anyone of sock puppetry, although it's against the rules. Surprisingly we've got better things to do. We only moderate when we receive complaints. And even then we do it with a light hand. There currently 4 reports about one poster. 75% of all complaints are about a small group of 3 or 4 posters. We could make this place quieter, less controversial, and not waste so much time if they were banned. To get banned tho you have to behave like a total jerk. It's down to you as posters. Not the mod team. Really.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for Gladys to retract her below the belt and totally unproven claim that Paul's Got Wright is me.

Why would she retract? This thread gives a bit of the impression that you, he and Chinahand are quite possibly the same people arguing amongst yourselves. I also get the feeling we may be related. Have we similar characteristics do you think? Do you know a Dee Cee?

STALKER,

It has now been around a month since I began reporting your posts because you have been impersonating me on here (D.C. are my real initials, as you well know), making snidy and unkind comments about my father and I, my private Facebook statuses, various things about my life, and my health, as well as trying to link me to TJ. All while pretending to be me. Just look at his replies to TJ, saying: "I also get the feeling we may be related. Have we similar characteristics do you think? Do you know a Dee Cee?" How more obvious can you get? This can't be read any other way than as a veiled, mocking insinuation that TJ is a "DeeCee" (DC) and therefore me. Maybe I do have similar characteristics to TJ but not to you. I would never cyber-stalk someone or make fun of someone because his father won't speak to him or any of his other kids or grandkids (or even his own siblings) through no fault of their own. You must be a really quite sick individual to make fun of things like that and actually think you're being witty or funny.

D.C. - the real one.

We don't accuse anyone of sock puppetry

stuart.gif Really. Your words say one thing. Only the facts say another.

Read this. And this. And this. And this. I can't be bothered citing any more. Sometimes I think you actually believe this stuff you come out with.