Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Amadeus

Manx Cheese on Emirates Flights

Yep. Well done Manx Creameries. I also buy their cheese but not their butter. I tend to buy French butter (M&S) as they don't seem afraid to put a decent amount of salt in it.

Emirates is ace. Planning to do a short trip to Dubai soon, so might go and check out IOM cheese in the sky then :)

Rolls Royce, First Class on Emirates... things must be going well :thumbsup:

Only Business Class. Difference to First Class isn't really worth the extra $ in my opinion. ;)

Business class is fancy enough, mr fancy pants :) I had a dream we were upgraded to business on our honey moon, it did not come true but the dream was good enough for me :)

When they invent on-demand dreams you'll be able to fly economy, pop a sleeper and still experience the business/1st class trappings, albeit with sore legs afterwards.

I haven't seen Manx cheese here yet. They sell that 'seriously strong' stuff in the local supermarkets (forgot the brand name) but no manxy one. I'm sure they'd be a market. We even have a chain of German delicatessen shops here. It would fit well. They loooooooooooove food here. :)

They've been selling Manx cheese here in Abu Dhabi for a few years now. Also spotted it in Dubai & Muscat.

Business class is fancy enough, mr fancy pants smile.png I had a dream we were upgraded to business on our honey moon, it did not come true but the dream was good enough for me smile.png

Don't be shy, blag your way into an upgrade. You might just surprise yourself. I came back from Atlanta to London with Delta a good few years ago and made noises about an upgrade, initially they said it would be lots of money, but as the gate closure time came nearer we got upgraded for free. There was only 4 other customers in there. You have to be dressed well, but be cheeky. It made an 8 and a half hour flight very lovely.

Just what Dubai needs -- another comeover. If you don't like it there, remember there's a camel in the morning.

Oh TJ, you sad little man. People who work a lot sometimes like to go on holidays you know. I normally fly Etihad but Emirates is better for Dubai. Quite looking forward to a few days at Burj Dubai.

I'm also always still advertising your beloved island to people, on the basis of the TT and on business. I might be bringing some visitors and people interested in having companies based there over soon but I sincerely hope they never meet you or people like you, or they'll wonder what kind of backwater I brought them to.

Don't bother. No matter how hard you try, Manx crabs always rise to the top and get seen and heard.

We went round the creamery on their open day. Way cool.

If I could choose a new type of Manx cheese I would have a halloumi rip-off that you can pan fry and is squeaky.

I'd also take a Manx mozzarella if anyone could be arsed to look after a load of water buffalos.

'Whey' cool Merkin.....

You'd think Manx Mozzarella would be a big seller, especially given what Shoprite charge for the grated Waitrose version - the Iceland version is cheaper but not especially nice

• Like 2

Only Business Class. Difference to First Class isn't really worth the extra $ in my opinion. wink.png

Well if you are the sort of person who has to consider the cost of things you are not the sort of person one really thinks should be allowed in first class. Staadards have to be maintained or I will just have to take the take the private jet all the time.