Stop Smoking Help

Amadeus

Having just seen how much fags are (really 11 quid in the machine?) I thought I post this one, as I've seen it mentioned elsewhere many times before as a good start to anyone's plan to kick the habit. Really worth watching if you want to stop smoking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP1ykPUTk_Q

I gave up over two years ago and it's ace without smoking smile.png

• 7 years later...

Bastard smoking! 8 years, 8!!! And then… Peaky Blinders, I kid you not, they were smoking and smoking and it even went as far as showing the bit where the tobacco burns in the paper, all the while triggering long dormant addiction in my brain - bastards! 

Anyway, that was a year or so ago and I have been, get this… a secret smoker for over a year. Highly ashamed, disgusted and disappointed with myself, I smoked 2-4 prison rollies a day but I still got the chest rattle and old man cough. 

Praise be to Alan Carr, I’m part way into the book (again) and will never smoke. I’m telling you about this because I didn’t notice how tricky the tobacco companies are, the Peaky Blinders mind control was totally outrageous (now I see it ofc but at the time I didn’t) & others may get sucked in by such shows too and also if you’re scared to stop smoking, give the Alan Carr paper book or audiobook a chance, it is the best thing you can ever do for yourself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2bees said:

Bastard smoking! 8 years, 8!!! And then… Peaky Blinders, I kid you not, they were smoking and smoking and it even went as far as showing the bit where the tobacco burns in the paper, all the while triggering long dormant addiction in my brain - bastards! 

Anyway, that was a year or so ago and I have been, get this… a secret smoker for over a year. Highly ashamed, disgusted and disappointed with myself, I smoked 2-4 prison rollies a day but I still got the chest rattle and old man cough. 

Praise be to Alan Carr, I’m part way into the book (again) and will never smoke. I’m telling you about this because I didn’t notice how tricky the tobacco companies are, the Peaky Blinders mind control was totally outrageous (now I see it ofc but at the time I didn’t) & others may get sucked in by such shows too and also if you’re scared to stop smoking, give the Alan Carr paper book or audiobook a chance, it is the best thing you can ever do for yourself. 

do you have a darkened room you could lie down in for a while...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I thought cigarette vending machines had long since been banned. If you have found one the cigarettes inside may be well past there use by / sell by date.

This thread is long past its use by date. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3