• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give Protec a call, get a couple of goons on the flap - "nah mate"

Get a dog.

Wow, you must have very strong teeth.

I had the same problem. I rigged the flap so once the cat was in it closed permanently and it was stuck. I then chased it around the kitchen whilst growling loudly for a good few minutes. I then opened the door, let it out and have never seen it since.

And i had a right good larf in the process.

I'd caution against this. We had a somewhat feral cat get into our house and get itself locked in a spare room. It was vicious. Leather jacket, gardening gloves and a brush were needed in order to persuade it into the cat basket before we called the vet to take it away (it looked like it had been injured prior to coming in to find refuge). Go for the electronic cat flap.

This is the final straw. Not content with terrorising our cat every day and night for the past few weeks by sneaking through the cat flap and stealing his food, I entered the kitchen this morning to find a fresh loaf of bread on the floor (it was high on the work surfance) and clawed into. I was really looking forward to a beef and mustard sandwich and had to make do with a breakfast bar. This same cat clawed his way into a cat biscuit bag a couple of weeks ago and got them all over the kitchen floor. This cat it isn't thin either, so it's not as if it's not being fed at home. It's just being greedy.

I've tried chasing the cat but it keeps coming back. It's too quick to throw water at. I'm thinking a high-powered water gun which could be fired from a distance. Does anybody have any advice on how to deal with this cat?

The easy answer as others have said is to get a cat flap that only your cat can get in/out of, microchip one sounds like a winner as many cats hate collars. Save the water pistol idea for when it shits in your garden out of disgust that you've locked it out from your house.

You could keep letting it in, hide all the food other than super high fat stuff and in time, it will become too fat to enter the house via the cat flap.

Alternatively, you could plant loads of catnip in your garden and it will be soo off its face it won't be interested in stealing your food.*

*Although I suppose it might get the munchies after consuming too much catnip....

Chutney, on 06 Sept 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:snapback.png

I had the same problem. I rigged the flap so once the cat was in it closed permanently and it was stuck. I then chased it around the kitchen whilst growling loudly for a good few minutes. I then opened the door, let it out and have never seen it since.

And i had a right good larf in the process.

I'd caution against this. We had a somewhat feral cat get into our house and get itself locked in a spare room. It was vicious. Leather jacket, gardening gloves and a brush were needed in order to persuade it into the cat basket before we called the vet to take it away (it looked like it had been injured prior to coming in to find refuge). Go for the electronic cat flap.

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger ........................................and wiser

This is the final straw. Not content with terrorising our cat every day and night for the past few weeks by sneaking through the cat flap and stealing his food, I entered the kitchen this morning to find a fresh loaf of bread on the floor (it was high on the work surfance) and clawed into. I was really looking forward to a beef and mustard sandwich and had to make do with a breakfast bar. This same cat clawed his way into a cat biscuit bag a couple of weeks ago and got them all over the kitchen floor. This cat it isn't thin either, so it's not as if it's not being fed at home. It's just being greedy.

I've tried chasing the cat but it keeps coming back. It's too quick to throw water at. I'm thinking a high-powered water gun which could be fired from a distance. Does anybody have any advice on how to deal with this cat?

You were looking forward to a beef and mustard sandwich for breakfast!!! Wtf!!!

Bottle your own piss and sprinkle it around the borders of your garden.

Who the hell wants to bottle their own piss? Just piss on the cat.

I had troubles with cats using my garden as a litterbox so i did a bit of research and they don't like the scent of human piss. I stored up a couple of liters and drizzled it around the border, no more cats, no cost and humane

Edited by wideload