Low content topic starts

John Wright

I think there are sock puppets appearing in this thread.

Oh Albert. You made a fool of yourself over your cerebral palsy post misinterpretation. Everyone saw it! Move on! It's not important.

I was simply pointing out your last sick post...I'd need a few weeks to put the whole list together.

I think there are sock puppets appearing in this thread.

He's like a litmus test for posters. If someone reacts badly to Keyboarder it's generally someone, Cret aside, who doesn't add much to my enjoyment of the forums. And it appears to work the other way round as well.

Some of us still remain partially convinced that you are one and the same person.

'What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.' - Kohelet 1:9

Declan - Does it really matter? I think everyone on here is aware of John's status. I don't know what objection you have to John but I must say that I pay little attention to the "status" of each poster. I am more interested in the content they produce.

I'm not clear in what John's role is. I thought, as he's said, his role is ad hoc legal advisor. He has access to the moderation suite in that role, when he makes announcements it is as a legal advisor.

That's seperate from the running of the forum which falls to the mods. If he is going to participate as mod, make announcements as a mod, on behalf of the mods, make decisions on forum etiquette he's a mod. So why doesn't he appear as part of the moderating team? Not an unreasonable question.

I was simply pointing out your last sick post...I'd need a few weeks to put the whole list together.

Ha ha, nice climbdown! (Not) Let me refresh your memory about what you wrote! Here it is!

"It was the post from TSM about the guy with cerebral palsy that really ground my gears...It shouldn't get away with stuff like that. Nasty posting brings out the worst in many of us."

Your gears were ground for no reason at all other than your misinterpretation! And now you feel a bit silly! Ha ha!

Anyway, what a bizarre thread! How did it ever come about? Let's look at the evidence. I think we can take it as a given that there were complaints to John Wright. The posts of Tatlock and the Cornish Clown as good as confirm that. But why did he then take them up on it? I see two possibilities. He expected the majority of the board's users to concur with the action, which may or may not have been an executive one, but as the majority didn't concur he distanced himself from it, perhaps feeling a little foolish to have instigated it. Or, he's being simply mischievous and trolling the board, setting user against user before driving into the sunset on a long camping holiday and leaving us all to it! You decide!