dope factory in head road closed down

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in court today for growing cannabis plants at my house The sentence was 160 hours community service and it's probably lucky that I'm not spending Christmas in Jurby. The process of being raided,

IMHO from his post on this matter cheeky boy has conducted himself with dignity and courage in the face of adversity. He has not sought to distance, excuse or minimise his actions despite the obvious

I think that's you being overly literal/black and white again. Nobody thinks you should be above the law in your own home, but growing whatever plant you like seems like a reasonable privilege.  

Posted Images

When those suffering severe pain or illnesses,like MS,self medicate and get prosecuted it makes the law look ridiculous.

It is the parliamentary representatives responsibility to ensure that these issues are addressed by ensuring the legal status is correctly categorised.

It is the parliamentary representatives responsibility to ensure that these issues are addressed by ensuring the legal status is correctly categorised.

Pretty sure that is what I implied by suggesting that pressure is applied to the parliamentary representatives...

ETA: The current parliamentary representatives have considered it and feel that it is correctly categorised at present. Just because someone may feel that a law looks ridiculous it does not give them a right to break the law without consequence.

Edited by manxman1980
  • Like 2

I really do not understand why people use chemicals to alter the thinking capacity and to twist reality, I really do not understand wht people deliberatly break the law, I really do not understand why people try to influence others to engage in what really amounts to mental self abuse, and I really don't understand how they can possibly present their criminality as in any way normal or admirable and something that DECENT LAW ABIDING people should engage in.

I honestly do find the whole drug abuse buisness from 'seed to weed' utterly disgusting as are the low life who engage in any part of it

Says the God Botherer. Glass houses....

• Like 2

Pretty sure that is what I implied by suggesting that pressure is applied to the parliamentary representatives...

ETA: The current parliamentary representatives have considered it and feel that it is correctly categorised at present. Just because someone may feel that a law looks ridiculous it does not give them a right to break the law without consequence.

Thank fuck we have your righteous, moral-foritude to keep us in line.

• Like 3

Quilp - I believe that everyone is free to make a choice. If you choose to break the law then you cannot complain if you have the Police call around and arrest you. I don't have any particular problem with people who use cannabis as long as it does not impact on anyone else. That include encouraging or funding other crime.

My objection is to the people who whine that the Police have enforced the law and how unfair it all is.

You resort to the personal attack on me because you know that you cannot defend your position. The fact that CrossRoss likes your response also undermines your comment :)

• Like 1

you had it coming.

The sanctimonious self righeous mantra you spew

"the law" is always right

the police are always right

the authorities are always right

the courts are always right

had to annoy the piss out of other people too devil.gif it is not just me w00t.gif it is nice to have my own personal stalker get trolled for a change w00t.gif

Quilp - I believe that everyone is free to make a choice. If you choose to break the law then you cannot complain if you have the Police call around and arrest you. I don't have any particular problem with people who use cannabis as long as it does not impact on anyone else. That include encouraging or funding other crime.

My objection is to the people who whine that the Police have enforced the law and how unfair it all is.

You resort to the personal attack on me because you know that you cannot defend your position. The fact that CrossRoss likes your response also undermines your comment :)

The trouble with your statement especially the bit about 'impacting on anyone else and that includes encouraging or funding other crime', the fact that it is illegal does just that whereas if it were legal then it wouldn't be encouraging or funding crime or at the least nowhere near it because people would just grow their own. I'm not saying it would eliminate all crime associated with it but it would massively reduce. Criminalising something does not stop it, when you talk about contraband it metu pushes it underground and any money made from it goes into organised crime etc. rather than the taxes which could then be used to deal with the negative aspects associated with the legalisation of cannabis.

Personally I couldn't care either way, however, from the perspective of law this is just plain foolish and doesn't do any good whstsoever. I know this will upset the church goers, the Daily Mail readers and the conservative amongst the populous but everyone's been duped into thinking that making this illegalis working and that it's the right thing to do.....well you keep thinking that while you escape, or self medicate with alcohol or prescription drugs...hypocrisy? Possibly. Stupidity? Definitely!

Edited by Matt Bawden
  • Like 2

I really do not understand why people use chemicals to alter the thinking capacity and to twist reality, I really do not understand wht people deliberatly break the law, I really do not understand why people try to influence others to engage in what really amounts to mental self abuse, and I really don't understand how they can possibly present their criminality as in any way normal or admirable and something that DECENT LAW ABIDING people should engage in.

I honestly do find the whole drug abuse buisness from 'seed to weed' utterly disgusting as are the low life who engage in any part of it

Says the God Botherer. Glass houses....

At least do try to come up with something original.

Matt - As I have tried to make clear I do not have any particularly strong views either way on the legalisation of cannabis. I just feel that people who willingly break the law should not then complain when they are arrested.

I don't buy into many of the magical medical properties that are attributed to cannabis. I have never used it, or had any desire too.

As for being hypocritical I do drink alcohol but not to the point of ruining someone else's day/night. That is the point I was also making with Cannabis. As long as it does not impact on anyone else then my view will remain neutral. I can't say that I particularly like the smell, yes I have been around people smoking Cannabis, but that could be resolved by including smoking cannabis under the existing smoking regulations.

CrossRoss - I don't think that the law is always right, the Police, Authorities and Courts are not always right. We do, however, have systems in place to appeal against decisions, to be judged by your peers and even to engage with the Government and Authorities to encourage change. I agree though that it is much easier to complain incessantly on the internet rather than actually get involved.

• Like 1

Hahahhaahhhahahahahhaaaahahahaa where is there space for a dope factory on Head Road please? You are joking me. Somewhere like that would make a great addition to the Douglas Master Plan - Douglas, cannabis central - closer than Amsterdam and the locals are lovely. This is the future, Poker, Weed and cleaner finances.

Edited by thebees
  • Like 1